20-Vows and Emotions

Happy Diwali!!

Typed On - 06/11/2018 - Finished typing on – 07/11/2018

Chapter 20-Vows and Emotions

Does this mean I've been with this man for the past six lives? Or do I have to stay with him for six more—NO! How did I even tolerate him in the past?

(Apparently, you spend seven different lives with your spouse when you re-born)

Her brain keeps on thinking the same thing. The revolution—of the vows—is fascinating but a little scary too. She side glances to her left and finds him constantly shuffling in his spot. It almost looks as if he is uncomfortable in the groom attire. She suppresses a laugh. This is the most ironic and satisfying position she's seen him in. He looks so restless and itching to get up.

Her chain of thoughts is broken by the priest's voice, "Repeat this after me son," He says to Kiaan. Jaanvi glances at him from the corner of her eye, waiting—eagerly—to hear Kiaan butcher the perfectly pure Hindi vows.

Never knew weddings can be so entertaining. Especially my own. She thought to herself, waiting for him to start speaking.

The first vow went as, "You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children."

Hearing those words Jaanvi is utterly shocked. She expected him to at least ask the priest to repeat his sentence once again but he didn't. She feels a sting in disappointment. She wanted him to make a fool out of himself and be embarrassed.

Children will only happen if I let you touch me! See, he said 'you will' does he think I'll be his maid? No respect! I'm not his employee who he can order around!

The hatred and annoyance blocks all her sense of thinking and understanding he hasn't created these vows with dominating phrases like 'you will,' he's only following what he's been suggested by the priest. Even the normal vows sound demanding to her.

"I am responsible for the home and all household, food and finance responsibilities" Only Jaanvi knows how hard it is for her to repeat these soulful words to someone she detests. She can almost see—picture too—Kiaan smirking like a donkey.

Helpless, she feels helpless.

Food. I need to forget this word from now on. Miss Jaanvi Ahuja can't cook! Even if she can, who knows she'll poison me for my business. Oh my god. If I die, my property would automatically be transferred into this idiots name! Kiaan's thinks. His heart crying imagining his future with her. Or at least the food he would be served every day and be forced to finish. Kiaan isn't prepared to share his lifestyle with anyone but he has no other choice.

On the second vow, they both are walking around the holy fire in circles while promising these vows. "Together we will protect our house and children" He utters in a bored tone. He can't understand why they repeated the word 'children' again and again. Although he's aware marrying Jaanvi means spending his whole life with her, therefore, having children with her yet the repetition is pissing him off. He doesn't even want to go in that direction. Certainly because he doesn't want his children to curse him for having her gens.

What if we don't want children? What if I want only a kid?

She processes each word he said into her head and this is the final question she has. She lifts her lashes to peek at her friend. Aditi looks emotional yet tries to hide it with a sad smile. Her friend's face didn't help because the bride's eyes are once again looking down at her hands. Holding her tears inside her eyes and tongue zipped.