1-Hatred

Typed On - 01/10/2018
Chapter 1- Hatred

It's been twenty-five years today. The day he lost his wife but also the day he saw his daughter for the first time. Those years weren't easy for them, the father and daughter. Growing up without a mother wasn't as easy as it seemed but he did a great job raising his only child Jaanvi Ahuja.

Her name was enough to bring a smile on his face. Now, even after twenty-five years he howls in growing pain of his daughter's biggest loss in her life every night after she sleeps. He couldn't live without Ishaani—still can't—and as the time passes, it got difficult to keep a strong face but one thing kept him going, his daughter. Ansh knew he had to stay strong for his daughter. For his Ishaani's daughter.

Picking up the pineapple cake from the kitchen he made his way to her room. Walking quietly he opened her bedroom door seeing her sleeping peacefully. His face automatically beams once his gaze falls on her face. She looked just like her mother, or actually even more beautiful. Looking at his wrist watch he saw it was eleven fifty-nine pm. He strolls towards her bed and stops only when he's in front of her.

Looking at his wrist watch once again for the desired time it was finally twelve o clock.

"Jaave" he mutters close to her ear. His familiar breath blowing onto her glowing face from the reflection of the street lights outside her window.

"Go!" She murmurs with her eyes close in her sleepy voice

"Jaave." He can't pronounce her name so he used the sounds, as in 'jaaa-viii.' The father went closer to her, kissing her right cheek making her smile.

"Superhero." She knew the touch of her father.

"Haaap" He tried to wish her. For the past years he tried so hard to actually say the word 'happy' but failed miserably. The effort, however, always touches the bottom of her heart.

She opens her eyes seeing her father standing in front of her with a delicious cake which happened to be her favourite. She rose up from the bed licking her lips ready to attack the cake but stopped as her father moves back.

"Hero." She pouts getting irritated. She couldn't wait to eat the cake even if it was in the middle of the night.

He shook his head as a 'no.' Jaanvi sighs heavily taking his hand and begins walking into his room. Opening her father's bedroom door their heavy yet familiar soft eyes fall on a huge picture of her mother, Ishaani. She lit the diya carefully first. Closing her eyes she wishes/prays for the same wish she asks since childhood.

'I wish that my mother is happy in heaven looking at us. I wish my superhero smiles every day and spoils me. And I wish to be your daughter again mum and dad.'

She's been repeating the same wish for years. Since her fifth birthday Ansh taught her to light a diya on her every birthday in front of her mum's picture and make a wish. She never told anyone what she asked each year on her birthday. It was kept as a little secret. Her pretty little secret. A small gesture every year made her feel a little closer to her mother.

She never heard her voice, never saw her smile in person but somehow she felt her existence because of her father. He always spoke about Ishaani—even now—he wanted his wife to be a part of their daughter's life. And she indeed is.

Kissing the picture she turns around seeing her superhero smiling. Placing her hands on her hips she said, "Can I eat it now that I have done the prayer?" Her thin dark black eyebrows raise up in question.

He nods placing the cake on the table inside his room. Jaanvi followed her father to the table. Kneeling down she blew the candles in one go in excitement.