72- 'Raised Well'

I hate you abd330  and zahra_tae_14  you promised to remember my birthday and you guys didn't! Fake friends. *Finds the sharpest knife to murder you both*

Happy birthday @alizasakeena  Have an amazing day with family and friends birth-day TWIN! Mean while you celebrate your 18th partying, I'll celebrate my 17th reading psychology thriller or watching Harry Potter lol.  

Started Typing On - 05/03/2019

Started ReTyping On - 06/03/2019

Chapter 72- 'Raised Well'

~

Author's Pov:

She definitely loved the tea a lot more than she had imagined, perhaps she needed a little bit of caffeine to lift her mood up. Being an awkward person, as she can be at times, she just gave Kiaan a hug, thanking him for the tea in a sweet voice. Kiaan was more than happy to feel himself close to her, just when he was about to say something her phone buzzed.

She pulled away, reluctantly reaching out for her phone on the bed, seeing the screen her lips turned into a thin line. Her husband had noticed her smile fade away, turning into a much worried and sad look. Looking over her shoulder he saw a reminder, it read, 'Pick up grandma's medicine on the 14th.' The fourteenth was on Tuesday, the day of the so-called family dinner.

"I'll pick it up, don't worry." He whispered, thinking she didn't want to miss the chance to spend the time with her father, grandma and maybe cousins. It couldn't be that bad? Waiting for in the line for least twenty minutes? Or max forty? He encouraged himself, even though he hated standing in long queues.

"No," she shook her head, smiling a little at him. He got it all wrong. Locking her phone, she placed it face down on the bed, turning to face Kiaan. She sat in front of him in Indian style, clasping her fingers together, trying to find a way to start talking. "Since I turned seventeen I took the responsibility of collecting Dadi's medicines." (Grandma)

Seeing him arch his eyebrows up right, confused, she began speaking further on. "I wasn't forced, if that what you're worried about. Dad just doesn't really like hospitals, for obvious reasons. He still went though, until I volunteered of doing it ever since then. I always kept a reminder on my phone so I wouldn't forget to pick it up for her. No big deal."

But sounds like it is. He wanted to say exactly what he felt and was thinking about but kept quiet. If he's being honest, he thinks it's stupid how Ansh would pick up the medicines in the past even though the whole family knows his dislike of Hospitals. Why Jaanvi? Can't chachu or Jay go? Or Rashi? (Uncle.)

He kept looking at her, daring her to speak further on. It was like his eyes were commanding her to elaborate herself more, to stop hiding. Jaanvi sighed in defeat, rolling her eyes a little. "Fine, I hate going there. It's the same hospital." Her voice had lowered than before, almost a whisper. Her lips twitched upwards in sadness, then turning into a thin line quickly. "-where Ma had died." If Kiaan was sitting far away from her, her voice wouldn't have been heard, thankfully he was sitting right in front of her to hear it clearly.

"And you were born there." His eyes slightly narrowed, a frown forming on his face. Despite being irritated his voice was eerily calm, gazing at her intensely. Intimidating her. She felt like she was shrinking.

"People often remember the bad compared to the worst." She said it in a happy voice, winking at him before opening the cupboard. Jaanvi was busy scanning the clothes, deciding what to wear when Kiaan muttered,