98- Jealousy

Started Typing On - 03/04/2019

Started ReTyping On - 04/04/2019

Chapter 98- Jealousy

~

Jaanvi's Pov:

'Hi. Umm, I hope you're ok. I sent you a-a few messages but you weren't online and neither had you replied so I'm trying my luck on Gmail. Not like this will help but--'

My fingers on the laptop keyboard froze. I buried my face inside my hands resting on the table in front of me. I shouldn't have left. My thirsty throat forced my face to look at the water bottle, reaching out for it I drank in half of the water left inside the bottle.

'-anyways. I've been meeting the therapist. She's nice. I like talking to her. She's got the weirdest ways of explaining me her opinions. I've been starting to move around now. I cook, i-I read-trying to read other books rather than murder mysteries. I travelled on the bus today. It was, I don't know, just felt good and new. I wanted to tel--' I looked over my shoulders to hear the noise clearly.

"Kiaan?" I called out. I thought he came early home today when I saw him earlier standing in front of me and Reyansh but he wasn't. He was meant to meet someone because of work near our house so Mr decided to check if I've reached home or not. After disagreeing with me, he just walked out of the bathroom saying 'I'll be back on the usual time,' and left. It's been over five hours now.

I glance the mini alarm in our bedside table, it read six forty. I hear a slam on the door, I rapidly gulp. It's Kiaan. Has to be. Who else would have the key? Bringing my eyes to the bright screen I continue typing. 'I want to tell you something. Call me when you can. Please.' And I hit send.

I released a sigh of satisfaction, she should get it soon. But then again, if only her internet works. I let my head fall back on the chair, the wood gracing my naked neck with its coldness. I want to sleep. I ordered myself with my closed eyes.

"Can we talk about this tomorrow please? I'm at home, I'd like to shut of my professional life right now, unless if it's super important." Kiaan's raspy voice was heard by me and the person on the other side of the phone. He was cross but tried to sound calm and steady. I opened my eyes and groaned because of the bright screen. Prefect.

I logged out of the laptop, holding it in my hand to place it on my bedside table so I could have easy access. Turning the switch on to let my -soon-to-be-dying-phone- charge I was walking out the room with my water bottle.

"Great." He murmured over the phone. His right hand loosened his black plain tie and the other held the phone closer to his ear. "He said it's around ten thousand dollars. I'm not hundred percent sure but I think he mentioned this." I walked into the kitchen, past him, to fill up my water bottle but grabbed a glass of water for him as well.

"Oh yeah, I heard that." He scoffed, dropping his black tie onto the kitchen counter in front of me and him. I was on the other side-the kitchen counter creating a wall between us-pushing the glass of cold water to his hand resting on the counter as he spoke rapidly with his American accent. "Awesome. We'll head over to the tower tomorrow then." Mujhe toh kabhi tower pe nahi le gaya. (Never took me to the tower) I chose to ignore my jealousy, I was heading back to the tap to complete filling up my water bottle when I felt Kiaan's hand holding mine. I gazed down to his large fingers interlocking with mine. Ok? My softening gaze bored up to see Kiaan smiling at me, mouthing a small 'thanks.' I just nodded.

I gestured him to drink the water so he'd leave my hand but he didn't. Kiaan nodded balancing the phone from his broad shaped shoulders to his ear. Using his now free hand he drank the water down so fast like that's what his dry or thirsty throat needed. So he won't leave my hand?