78- Husband Over Friend

Ps, I'm fine for all those worrying about my safety because of the Christchurch shooting that happened yesterday. I don't live near Christchurch, thankfully.

May all those 49 souls Rest In Peace. And that 28yr terrorist's balls should be cut off for killing those innocent Muslims. 

Started Typing On - 16/03/2019

Chapter 78- Husband Over Friend

~

Author's Pov:

"I've been hearing symphonies
Before all I heard was silence"

And there was silent.

The traffic noise in India didn't touch her ears. The man outside their house shouting to her parents, asking if they wanted some juice but she couldn't hear that as well. Her ears were blocked, but she could hear only one sentence again and again, 'We are here to ask Aditi's hand in marriage for my son.'

It was the first time Juhi had ever smiled at Aditi. It wasn't a genuine, sweet smile though. It was a sinister, devil looking smile with trouble lurking beneath them. Aditi who stood in silence just kept looking Juhi right in the eye. Trying to read what was going inside the women's head. NO! I'm not going to be her goat!

"No! N-no. No!" She sternly said, her soft velvet voice raising every second she declined the offer. She shook her head violently, huffing in anger. She didn't want to get married right now. Not at twenty-five. She gave her parents one last death glare before walking out the house, slamming the door shut making everyone flinch.

"Maybe she's shy." Juhi smiled, siting back on her seat as Aditi's parents looked stunned by her angry behaviour for a quiet innocent girl.

~

"Life was stringing me along
Then you came and you cut me loose
Was solo singing on my own
Now I can't find the key without you"

Jaanvi sang along the lyrics. Her voice was smooth and clear to Kiaan. And quiet yet powerful, as if she could relate to the lyrics. Like she understood the depth of every single word she uttered. Even though the song was extremely saddening it was soothing to his ears and her heart. Jaanvi always felt the pressure storing inside her lungs releasing slowly and calmly when she heard this song, as if she wished to speak out her feelings but couldn't. And this song helped her in every mood.

But he did find her voice soothing, calm and beautiful. It was like she was promising the tomorrow. The tomorrow that may not have him next to her. Or a tomorrow without Jaanvi. But it was still beautiful, and he wished that she wouldn't stop singing.

His wife's voice rolled over the hills in sorrowful waves. And the lumps forming in her throat rising up. He wasn't even paying attention to the lyrics. She didn't need any because her own voice was music of it's own filled with grace. He noticed, and hear clearly the haunting feelings of knowing that her voice brought out a fit of rang, of pain and sadness. Her hand went to her heart as if it was helping her to feel the music, the lyrics, help her to sing from her heart. From within.

"And now your song is on repeat
And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat
And when you're gone, I feel incomplete
So if you want the truth"

Kiaan knows if he compliments her on her voice she'd just shrug, laughing it off saying 'you're saying it because I'm your wife.' Till now he felt butterflies in his stomach at the mention of 'his/your wife,' it still felt so unreal. He doesn't know if guys ever feel butterflies flying across their stomach but he does.

"I'm sorry if it's all too much
Every day you're here, I'm healing
And I was runnin' out of luck
I never thought I'd find this feeling
'Cause I've been hearing symphoni--" Her voice came to an abrupt stop noticing Kiaan putting the tray on the bed, just in front of her. He sat down across her, the tray in the middle smiling at her weakly.