23- His Cure

'Breath in, breath out' ~ Advice (to me) by some very mature lady who thinks I'm a mentally unstable cat. Now that the cat's out of the bag, Meow.

Typed On - 10/11/2018 - Finished typing on - 13/11/2018

Chapter 23- His Cure

It's not my fault.

It was late last night and he didn't want to tolerate Jaanvi's voice. She always ends up fighting with him, according to Kiaan. He's not alive for twenty-seven years for no reason. He knows her inside out. He knows what she does and why. Therefore, Kiaan had no doubts that she'll ask him to sleep on the couch and that little furniture could barely fit his body.

Yeah. As if I'm dying to share the same bed as her.

He had to relax his head. And, Kiaan, thought alcohol is the best option to go stress-free, After his grandfather's death, he's changed. A little for some, but those who know him well, a lot. He was so close to him. To his father's father. Apart from being related by blood, they were best friend. But it all changed. And he blames himself for it. Till this day.

FlashBack

"We're leaving India," Kiaan tells Dhruv whose face instantly falls. The youngest son in the family is shy. He can't—finds it hard to—adjust into the new atmosphere with new and different people, unlike Kiaan and Kajal. He's an introvert, his elder and younger siblings aren't.

To Kiaan, his brother's face tells a big story. He's certainly satisfied with his life in India. The fifteen-year-old Dhruv's comfortable in his bubble, unlike his seventeen-year-old brother. Kiaan wants a new start, new adventures and experiences. Something he believes he can't have in India because his focus is always on Jaanvi.

He wants a change. And this change will be the best.

He's in this middle age—the funky age of seventeen—where you're not a kid but not an adult too. Someone who's busy discovering their life and goals for a better future. Raj, Kiaan's father, has received a job offer from his friend in New York. Keeping in mind about all the possible opportunity and better education, without hesitation, their father agrees.

They didn't have much time to visit all their friends and family members before leaving. Kiaan didn't live too far from Jaanvi but his ego blinds him. Whatever Tina has said, it's stuck in his head. He made up his mind he'd not see her before leaving. Whenever they leave.

Both the boys are heading in their rooms when Kiaan hears his father talking to his grandpa in a very angry and loud tone.

"Come with us! What'll you do alone here? There's no one here to look after you dad! Why are you bring so stubborn?" Raj is trying his best to stay calm—by the look of his fisted hands—but his rising demanding voice says otherwise. The annoyance is clear and bold.

"Because I can't leave this house! You grew up here, t-this households your late mothers memories, Raj. You can go, i-I w-won't." Kiaan swallows a lump at the mention of his unselfish grandmother. "I can take care of myself. I'm not that old." Mr Rajput's voice is dismissive, as if he's had enough for today.

They all tried to convince him to shift with them but he didn't change his mind. Kiaan understands parts of it—of his grandfather's decision—but is his stubbornness above them? Because of a house? A house wouldn't be a home if the family isn't there. Doesn't he love us?

Since that day, Kiaan started maintaining his distance from the old man. The days before their flight to New York, the hot-headed body made sure to be civil and respectful but reserved. He would only talk when asked to. He stopped spending time or walking around the park with his grandpa. He stopped everything that kept them close.