81-His Self-Respect

Started Typing on - 18/03/2019

Started Typing Again On - 19/03/2019

Chapter 81-His Self-Respect

~

Author's Pov:

There wasn't much to do on the last day. Kiaan was busy calling the internet and electricity companies to cancel their power since they wouldn't be back. Or perhaps not yet. Jaanvi on the other hand, being a neat freak started cleaning all the plates and bowls. She later on cleaned the whole house, not wanting to leave it dirty before leaving.

They were sitting inside the car right now. Kiaan was gazing out the window every now and then, then back onto his phone. Texting Aarav, Reyansh and Nidhi that he has reached India, currently sitting inside the car as Dhruv drove.

Kiaan's quietness was bothering her since yesterday. The whole day on the ninth-until they caught the flight-Kiaan kept to himself. Talking less, watching her less. Just being zoned out, only talking when needed. She sighed, looking away from the window to see Dhruv watching her from the mirror, once her eyes caught him staring it he looked away.

Strange.

The odd thing was none of them spoke after sitting in the car. They all had greeted each other with a 'Hello,' and that's it. Dhruv always talk to us, then why not today? She wriggled her ring around her finger, getting awkward around the uncomfortable silence. She looked up from her fingers to once again notice Dhruv watching her. But this time he smiled, she did the same looking away.

Jaanvi who had sat on the left side of the back seat, leaving free space in the middle moved closer to Kiaan. Feeling her shuffle closer he purposely opened up some Email, pretending to be busy. His eyes stuck on the bright white screen under the dark.

She tugged her hand under his arm, whispering in his ear, "Did I grow horns?" Since she always said something stupid, he didn't bother answering or glancing at her. She let out a low growl in his ear, harshly muttering, "Don't be mean!" He jerked her hand away from his making Jaanvi frown at him.

Humiliated, she slightly moved away from him, not wanting to put out a scene. Dhruv's sister-in-law cleared her throat, casually speaking, "How are you? I mean, how have you been?"

"Great." He didn't sound great to her. More like putting a show, as if from inside he was freaking out. She smiled at him who caught it from the reverse mirror. "How was the honeymoon?" He questioned, trying to lighten his own mood by teasing them.

"G-Good." It came out as a flushed whispered. Dhruv wanted to question further one but seeing Jaanvi just looking out the window, her cheeks flushed he decided to drop the topic. Honeymoon was definitely the best idea. He thought to himself, seeing his brother engrossed in his phone, showing no interest in the brother and sister-in-law's conversation or effected even a bit.

Dhruv had parked outside their house when he decided to inform them about the other members of the family. "They are all sleeping." Jaanvi nodded, feeling a bit relieved about not disturbing someone's sleep. Kiaan on the other hand heard it but didn't nod nor did he utter a word. Sliding his phone under his jeans pocket, he took out the luggage, walking ahead. Not even glancing at anyone.

"Someone's pissed." Dhruv muttered, taking Jaanvi's luggage in his hand. The disappointment lurked around her brown eyes, her lips turned thin before she bit them in hurt. She held her purse, putting it on her shoulders quietly.

"Probably just tired from the flight." She tried to cover up his behaviour. She passed her brother-in-law a tight smile before walking inside the house. He locked the car, then the main door before continuing to walk ahead with Jaanvi. "I saw your picture with Aditi." She changed the topic, elbowing him. His cheeks were flushed. He was blushing so hard. "Care to explain?" she nagged.