28- Ghost House

Imagine this hallway in a darker and scarier version.

Started Typing On - 27/11/2018 - Finished Typing On - 29/11/2018

Chapter 28- Ghost House

"Hey Ya Hiriye Sehra Bandh Ke Mai Toh Aaya Re                       
Hey Ya Dolee Barat Bhee Sath Me Mai Toh Laya Re"

(I've come bringing with me a wedding palanquin and a procession.O Heer! I have come wearing the sehra.)

Jaanvi sings loudly--enjoying the moment unlike her sulking husband--and dances, if that's possible, in her seat. She leans forward and increases the radio volume on purpose to annoy the already grumpy Kiaan.

Normally she wouldn't sing in front of others apart from her father and Aditi. They were the only two people she could trust with her life. With Kiaan it's the opposite, she can't even trust him with her food. As Jaanvi believes.

But she's singing in front of him.

her volume increases

even louder, in a very terrible voice, the motivation behind singing awfully was to drive Kiaan nuts.

And it was working.

Slowly and slowly the speed of the car increased, earning a glare from him the same time. Looing frightened was the last thing she wanted to show through her face, Jaanvi couldn't give him the satisfaction.

Getting her act together she continued singing this time using the side window as a drum. She gave him her brightest smile moving around the seat.

"Ab Toh No Hota Hai Ek Roz Intezaar Soni.Aaj Nahi Toh Kal Hai Tujhko Toh Bas Meri Honi Re.Tenu Leke Main Javanga, Dil Deke Main Javanga (x2)"

(Now, I can't wait for even a single day more, my love.
Either today or tomorrow, You are going to be mine.
I'm going to take You away and I'm going to give You my heart)

How can she act so normal after flirting with that man? A man who was not me. NOT ME. I REPEAT, NOT ME. 

He is dead serious while his wife is busy singing happily. Her voice describes, gives the feeling of someone whose won a lottery and is a millionaire now and not someone who's enjoying pissing their spouse off.  As much as he tries to concentrate on driving safely, he can't help but glance at her glowing face under the moonlight. His body radiates anger and hers vibrates in enjoyment, almost in pride, like she's achieved something big. Something out of her reach. 

If only he could read all the possible scenarios running in her head, afraid to die from his hand.

  What's the sentence of murdering someone in India? Isn't it fourteen years? Or life long. Does it matter? I mean, I'd still be dead. Wait. He's not an Indian citizen so does that mean his sentence will be less or more because of his American background? Does that even work? If I die, no, if I get murdered can I request a torturous death for him? He loves the water, I wonder how he'd feel dying because of the lack of oxgen. Oxygen? Right. Yeah. 

"Jaanvi stop" She hears his furious voice. When is he not angry? As much as he tried to control his anger, his wife's face keeps triggering him. She shouldn't behave so normal after walking inside the club late at night acting so oblivious of him. 

"Don't like the song?" She questions innocently, fluttering her eyelashes at him, face tilted, everything about her expression screams evil. Kiaan doesn't like it one bit. 

This is one of her exceptional qualities, to behave the opposite of how she feels. To portray the role of 'I'm perfectly happy and normal' when she's not. Perhaps this is why her father never saw a trace of sadness behind those orbs.