38- A Threat To Kiaan

(Jaanvi's telling Kiaan that Ayush is way hotter.)

Started Typing On - 29/12/2018 -
Chapter 38- A Threat To Kiaan
Jaanvi's Pov:

Kiaan's father had called me few minutes ago when I was busy taking the orders. I was informed with a calm voice about the honeymoon trip. He said Kiaan and I would be leaving in two days. The tickets were booked by him last night. The trip was supposed to last for ten days.

Oh how boring.

If they expected me to finish all my travelling and shopping in ten days then they got to be kidding themselves! New York, I wouldn't be getting a chance to go there again. Not if Kiaan decides to work there of course.

I had the strong urge to convince him for us to stay there longer but stopped. It may sound very desperate or wrong, I mean he was Kiaan's father and we were going on our honeymoon. Not just a random trip. I hung up with an 'ok,' in response.

"Who are you texting? You seem busy these days." I eyed Aditi's phone which she threw away inside her bag glaring at me. Ever since I got married I noticed, not once, not twice but many times Adi busy on her phone. Smiling, frowning, and sometimes even glaring at her phone.

Who brings out all her emotions out in one go apart from me?

"Jaanvi," She glared at me folding her arms across her chest. Here starts the lecture. I thought preparing myself for another 'manners,' lecture by her. "It's not good to look into others phone. Where are you ma-"

"Manners." I stood up from my chair taking the order list into the kitchen with Aditi following me like a lost puppy. "Table ten Asha." I passed Asha the paper, walking out of the kitchen. "You're twenty-five Jaanvi! Soon twenty-six in eleven months but it doesn't matter, you'll be twenty-six soon though! You should learn to give other's space, how can you be so manner less being my, Aditi's friend? I'm ashamed of you!" I mimicked her, just the way she says all these beautiful words to me. The only word that changes every time is my age. Otherwise I've heard this lecture for the past ten years!

Pointing the finger at her, showing her my angry pissed of eyes I said, "You were going to say this nah?" She stood there frozen with her mouth wide open. Guess she didn't expected me to remember all this. She was like a mother to me, always growling into my ear.

"T-that's mean Jaanvi," She frowns looking away from me. "You're making fun of me. You should fit them inside your head rather than repeat them."

"They are in there that's why I remember it off by heart." I murmured tying my wavy black hair into a messy bun. "Who was it Adi? I want to know."

Messing around was different and being serious was different.

There was a thin line between the two. Messing around was fine long as the opposite person understands it's properly. People may take us lightly because of our funny, sweet nature. To balance it we always needed to add the seriousness. As they say, 'Some time's you need to slap your child in order to make them understand what's right and what's wrong.' That slap would hurt. Of course it would, your cheek may turn red. But behind that slap, is the love your parents have for you.

That slap shows us how close they are to us. I mean, you wouldn't be raising your hand at a stranger would we? A bit of strictness was needed in every relation. And I knew exactly when to be and how to be strict and serious with my close ones.

"Dhruv." She said nervously looking away.

"What were you talking to him about?" I wanted to know. Call me nosy, I don't mind.