55- Flies Everywhere

Hello! Sorry for the late update guys. First of all, I'm perfectly fine. Thank you for the sweet messages, I'm overwhelmed. I wasn't updating because I was busy with school work and personal things. Sorry to keep you all waiting!

One day to go zahra_tae_14  (see I remember Oldie)

Started Typing On - 10/02/2019

Finished Typing On - 13/02/2019

Chapter 55- Flies Everywhere

~

Jaanvi's Pov:

For a moment, I felt I didn't know anyone around me. Faces, some familiar some unfamiliar but the feeling was new. The first thing that had crossed my mind was to run away. Not because I can be an introvert at times but because I was uncomfortable. Uncomfortable around the word 'best friend,' it like meeting your significant other's second parent. I didn't like those judgmental looks, those fake smiles and rejections.

Rejections don't hurt my ego, they hurt me. It effects my confidence. It builds my insecurity's. I was worried about Nidhi's reaction. Would she like me? She's always been his friend only, right? Does she know Kiaan more than I do? Aditi always told me, 'don't think too much when you're worried, you're making it worse for yourself.' But how am I not supposed to think about something that's truly and deeply bothering me?

Kiaan did notice the discomfort on my face, which lend him to snake his right hand around my waist. Even though my skin was covered from my outfit, his hand still felt warm, hot. Hot enough to melt the clothe between the contact of his skin to mine. And maybe even my insecurity's. I looked up meeting his warm, soft and assuring eyes, giving me a calm smile. Returning a tight smile I looked forward, scanning the room for her.

I could feel and understand Kiaan's joy at a certain point of time. I looked up seeing his eyes glittering in adoration as he bored into someone's face. His dimples flashing with a small yet bright smile lingering on his lips, causing me to instantly smile. His hand around my waist loosened, ready to leave me in any moment, making me disappointed.

The curiosity of seeing his happy and excited face pulled me so tight, causing me to divert my eyes to where his eyes were.

There stood a girl around the same height as me, skinny,-well maintained body-her short brown hair with blonde highlights. She was having a drink, perhaps wine? My eyes traced down her body. A purple simple jumpsuit looked as if it was made only and only for her. The purple outfit made her look taller than she may be in real, confident with a bold attitude and special.

I think she was Nidhi.

Just when I realised who the diva was, Kiaan left my hold, stalking towards the women quickly. I felt unhappy for a moment, but hid it away seeing Tina smirking at me, standing next to Nidhi. You can cry at home Jaanvi, but don't ever look sad in front of Tina. I braced myself, pulling my chin up high looking at Tina with a relaxing smile.

"Nidhi." Kiaan whispered, leaning in for a hug. Nidhi's eyes travelled from some guy to Kiaan. I saw the same expression in her eyes for Kiaan. It was like she met someone she craved to meet, to hug or to talk to for years. Putting her wine glass on the counter she jumped into Kiaan's embrace, smiling widely.

"Naan!" she exclaimed happily. Her eyes shut, her head resting on his shoulder, like she was hiding away the tears. Why? For a minute, long hug which felt like hours she pulled away, her hand still clutching Kiaan's. "How are you? How's aunty, uncle, Dhruv and Kajal? How's your work?" she shot the questions one by one. Kiaan chuckled ready to reply when she spoke once again with such a cheerful voice, "Oh god, look at you. In the past years you've changed so much. Do I see happiness in these small eyes?" she laughed touching his cheek.