7- Brothers By Anger

Typed On - 07/10/2018
Chapter 7- Brothers By Anger

Jaanvi was laying on her bed wide-awake. She keeps tossing and turning to access sleep but her mind drifts of to the dining table incident today.

Couple of hours ago

Everyone keeps passing Kiaan and Jaanvi a bright smile at the dining table with few thumbs up too. At first, it was understandable and bearable but seeing it literally every minute it was starting to irk them both. They blame each other for this reaction so sitting across from each other they constantly shoot daggers.

"Finally my Rashi can get married now," Juhi broke the silence getting irritated seeing everyone's joyful faces. It was getting to her.

"Finally?" Asks Raj, Kiaan's father, raising his eyebrows putting his Roti back on the plate.

"Yes," Juhi comes back "Because of Jaanvi my Rashi couldn't get married. Everyone came home with her proposal. But now that she's going, my Rashi would fin—" she was cut off by Dhruv.

"Oh I understand aunty," he passed her his cheeky smile showing his dimple. Now that caught everyone's eyes, especially Rashi's. Rashi was waiting to hear something from his mouth. She was dying to hear Dhruv speak about her now that the topic was brought up.

Catching a sight of everyone's expressions and eyes on him he adds, "Bhabhi is too beautiful to keep your eyes off her. I'm sure the path is clear now since she's my brothers." He didn't care what others thought, he just got hooked into the explanation and spoke the truth.

Rashi's face falls. Her stomach flips negatively. Not because he praises Jaanvi but because he practically calls her ugly because she got no proposal till date. Obviously Dhruv didn't mean that at all but who would make Rashi understand this?

Kiaan rolled his eyes at his brother like it's no big deal also thinking Dhruv praised Jaanvi's beauty way more than she deserves.

Jaanvi blushes furiously not comprehending if the cause of her red cheeks was when Dhruv bluntly calls her beautiful or because he said 'she's my brothers.' What she did like—and appreciates—was how he shut her chachi's mouth.

Juhi's mouth was wide open hearing the young man's words. Covering up she says, laughing dryly, "Of course, Jaanvi is beautiful indeed. Actually Rashi wasn't ready to get married back then so it's all fine." Anyone could tell she was lying. Kajal frowns at the baseless cover-up.

"Jaanvi is just like Ishaani," Roshni smiles looking at the twenty-five year old eating her food silently. Her eyes were on her plate until her mother's name comes up. She peeks up at Roshni's with twinkling eyes. "Ishaani was always the beautiful one. The sweet one, the caring one and the optimistic one too."

Ansh who was eating silently stops in his track. His hand drops on his plate, letting go of his curry. All the memories flush back and immediately he misses her a lot.

Seeing her father's expressions she changes the topic, "Did you all forget that it's my twenty-fifth birthday? Like, come on, where is my cake? Gifts? Wishes?" She lightens everyone mood. She wants to hear more about her mother but today isn't the right time.

Jaanvi owns a café. She worked in the financial department at a bank, until they transferred her to Mumbai. The family suggested her to go but she couldn't, not leaving her father alone. The job was far away from her house, her pay rates were less and it somehow started to get boring to her. Her love of being a banker faded away too quick. After having a talk with Ansh he thought why not open a café for her?

She loves cakes, chocolates, cookies, brownies and everything that involves fluffy sugary deserts. And from there her desert love became her job. She's been looking after her café for the past two years now. She handles the financial part of the job, the designing, decorate and buying new furniture. Aditi also helps her with cleaning and sometimes serving the food to the customers.