53- Personality Switches?

Started Typing On - 24/01/2019

Chapter 53- Personality Switches?

~

Author's Pov:

It was seven thirty by the time Jaanvi got ready into a red pinkish Indian suit. It had simple golden spots on it, few inches below her knee, combining with golden leggings below. Finishing the look she left her long wavy hair open with golden earrings. She was going to wear a dress instead but decided to change into a suit instead. Why? Because she always wore this suit on her mother's birthday.

Her mother loved suits, the suit she wore belonged to her mother. Yes, it was around twenty-seven year old. As old as Kiaan. "This suit was gifted by Ishaani's father on her graduation day." Her father had informed the sixteen year old Jaanvi, tall enough to wear the suit. Since then it's like a tradition for her.

Here goes nothing. She thought, zipping her lips together in a tight smile. Seeing her reflection on the mirror Jaanvi sighed sharply. Please Tina don't make me want to hate you even more. The two girl's relationship was never stable. Discouraging, taunting, showing standards to each other was their way of communicating. To their unfortunate luck most of their classes were together, therefore seeing each other beautiful face every day became a routine.

It was around seventeen when Tina moved away from India, her father had a job transfer. Somewhere, was all Jaanvi knew about Tina, just few years ago she found out through social media seeing Tina all grown up, as annoying as well, living in New York. How amazing! (Note the sarcasm)

"Spending all day in there with your pencils?" Quickly flinching from the loud, annoyed and impatient voice Jaanvi rolled her eyes.

"They aren't my pencils! They are makeup products." Her voice was supposed to come out as equally annoyed as her husband but the smile on her lips changed the whole scenario. Her tone was like a young girl teaching her parents how to use phones, an innocent smile explaining your parents what every emoji meant.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." She could imagine him making a face with his eyes constantly rolling from the bedroom. Holding the bathroom door knob, she twisted it seeing Kiaan putting some gel on his hair. "If I have eight white shirts, that's a problem. And you can have seven pencils and that's fine? So fair." My body was targeted by his icy eyes, glaring right at her through the dressing table mirror. His hands were running through his hair but eyes never leaving Jaanvi's.

"They aren't pencils ok?" She repeated, walking towards the bedside table to get her phone. "Pencils cost around ten rupees, this costs over two hundred at times." She muttered lowly, scanning through her Instagram feed. I should text Adi. Came the first thing into her head.

"You're telling me you'll spend my hard earned money on pencils?" His voice laced amusement as well as frustration. She froze on her spot feeling his chest pressing on her back. What is he? Flash? "What are you? Pencil collector?" he questioned impatiently.

I can't let her do this. Bloody hell pencils?

He thought, his eyes boring holes onto her back.

Jaanvi turned around meeting his face. Before she could even speak he shot her a look, his eyes going dark unpleasingly. "Ok I will stop buying them? Happy?" she raised her hand up in surrender. Why is he getting so serious about pencils Ughh mascara!

"Good." He replied sternly. "I was worried I'd end up using that," He disgustingly pointed at her mascara. "-As a pencil, thank god I found out. I was actually thinking why you kept it there, thought I really had to call the hospital today." He tried really hard to compress the smile ready to linger on his lips.