8| You Slept With Him?!

Suggested Song: Max&chlo;é by DOLKINS

Carmen's POV

My phone dinged in my pocket, sending the small vibration through my spine.

I reach into my back pocket and grab out my phone, checking my messages excitedly and curious as to who was texting.

I meant what I said.

I was mad that she ditched me, I just had some words to say to her.

And God damn it I had every right to say those words to her for ditching me.

I keep walking down the street until I eventually reach the cafe Sarah was talking about.

It was nice and cozy. The sort of cafe you would see either young college kids sitting in, or old ladies have their weekly meet up.

It was small and cute, but that was the best type.

It was never empty to the point where you felt like the bored employees were listening to your conversation for entertainment. But it wasn't like it was so busy you had to yell across the table just to make a point.

I walk in the open glass doors and I see Sarah sitting alone at a small wooden table.

She looks up and notices me, suddenly waving around her hands, just in case I didn't recognize her.

I walked over and sat down, just inches away from each other.

"Hey Carmen" She says, trying to get up and hug across the table, but I block it and push away her hand.

She sits back down, looking more hurt than offended

"Please... No hugs. It's been a long night and the last thing I want is human contact" I say, sounding exhausted as I rub my drooping face

"Uh. Ok. Sorry" She says looking down a bit awkwardly

"So... What did you want to talk to me about?" I pipe up, getting bored with the tense silence

"Well, I wanted to apologise about leaving you alone with that asshole, Will" She says looking at me dead straight

I look down at my coffee that she had ordered me, then back up at her.

I pick it up in my grasp, holding it gently with both hands and taking a small sip, the silence still lingering like a bad smell.

"So you should be. I had a panic attack Sarah, and for what? So you can get laid?" I say sternly and firm, but still calm

"Come on Carmen! It's the boy if been obsessed with for ages! And he finally talked to me" She replies, desperately searching for a reaction.