45| Gate 13

Carmen's POV

I woke up to constant buzzing in my pocket. My phone was blowing up. I pull my head off of Will who is on his phone, and pulled my own out of my pocket.

It's Instagram.

Drama is keeping shit on.

I log in and see I'm tagged into a few posts.

I open them.

The first one hits me hard

The first one hits me hard. I hadn't been in contact with Angel in a few years. But for her to attack me and spread that awful shit around like this is petty.

I frown at my phone.

I didn't want to even read the rest of the comments. Seeing the newest made me sick already.

The next post made me stop dead in my tracks.

I look at the photo. Every detail came flooding back like a bad dream. I remember that exact moment.

I was sitting in Kirra's Room.

She had pulled out her phone and taken a photo.

I hadn't thought about Kirra in a while. We stopped being friends in highschool after she started bullying me along with everyone else.

I guess she just wanted to be cool. But it was at my cost.

I remember the entire scene. Kirra's grinning face behind the camera of her shitty flip phone. The sun glaring in my eyes and even the one strand of hair that I just couldn't seem to pull out of my mouth.

I even remember Kirra's half finished English essay that was hidden behind a Google tab on her old chunky computer.

(I swear to God if someone comments the moto-moto meme, I will find you and I will end you!)

I also remember the last conversation we had.

She was talking about wanting to see the newest horror movie that had just come out. It was MA+15. She wanted to take herself, me and her older brother Sheldon.