28| Footsteps in the Woods

A/N
Just a little note. I have brought out a playlist on Spotify for the soundtrack to this book. If you want all the chapters songs, get on a playlist called 'The Ones that are broken Soundtracks' by FranityKitten ❤️

Suggested Song: Walking Blind by Aidan Hawken

Carmen's POV

The shy breeze brushed up against my face and through my hair, as I stared out over the forest floors.

The roof above me crumbling down in heaps, and floor below me caving in with every move I made.

This place didn't seem to scare me, just take me back to a time I was happy.

I time I could smile.

I examined the graffiti around me and tried to imagine some edgy teen standing there and spray painting the restless walls.

I felt like this place had stories and secrets to tell.

Just like I did.

But the walls couldn't speak them because they are too afraid.

Just like I am...

I brushed passed the stick in front of me, picking it up and twirling it in my hands.

I slowly bring it down and draw circles with it in the dust.

I could hear the wind whispering through this buildings many holes and cracks.

I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear as it flailed in front of my eyes.

Suddenly, the peaceful silence faded away as I heard footsteps walk up the stairs behind me. I turn around and quickly jump up, afraid of what psycho I was about to become face to face with.

My heart raced as I waited for them to spot me momentarily.

But instead of a homeless drifter, or a jacked up junkie, I'm met with Will.

The last face I wanted to see.

I sigh and sit back down, honestly wishing it was a homeless drifter or a jacked up junkie.

"Hey" He mutters, sliding his hands in his pockets and looking down.

I glare at him then look back the other way, letting him know he has done wrong.

"Look, I know you're angry..." He starts off as he grows closer and plonks next to me.

I turn my head away.

"But..." He sighs and looks down

"But I'm sorry..." He utters

I hear a strange sincerity in his voice, one that I've never heard before.

I look back at him curiously but force myself away from him again in a huff.

"How did you find me?" I grit through my teeth

"I uh... Tracked you down through find my iPhone" He replies holding up his phone

I look at his phone then down at my own sitting on the dusty ground beside me.

"Wait... Don't you need to sign into my Apple ID to do that?!" I ask passionately and frustrated

"Yeah... You shouldn't keep your Password for everything the same as highschool. Mrs... CC.Lanburg1964!" He smartly remarks

I glare at him again.

Even though Will was an idiot, he wasnt an idiot idiot.

He was damn smart when he wanted to be.