24| Lost Puppy In A Big World

A/N
Hey readers! Thanks so much for the reads and votes!! It means a lot to me. If you have any suggestions for a chapter, or another book that you would like to see in the future, DM me❤️ Again, thanks so much!!

-ItsMeHappinessAgain

Suggested Song: Moonlight by XXXTENTACION❤️❤️❤️

Carmen's POV

"Bye!" I call out as Eli drives away, my cheeks feel delicate and warm

I squeeze my jacket excitedly and walk into the apartment building.

I press the button for the elevator and it beeps, opening widely a couple minutes later. I walk in and press my floor button.

The doors shut and I get the awful elevator pass over sickness you get when you go up or down.

Luckily the motion sickness passes quickly and I regain reality.

The elevator pings and the doors open, revealing my floor level. I step out and walk down the hall till I get to my apartment.

I rummage through my bag for my keys and unlock the door.

As I walk in, I place my purse and keys on the kitchen bench. George and Will are sitting at the bench talking, and Alex and James are watching TV.

James hadn't moved much since this morning.

"Hello!" I greet cheerfully

Will glances up quickly then back down. But the other three greet me back.

I walk over to Will and George and lean on the bench.

"So, what do you need me to do?" I

"Nothing man. I can do it myself" Will inputs

I glare at him, and he returns my gaze.

"Well actually, Can you go with Will to pick up alcohol and food?" George says, completely ignoring Wills remark.

I gulp and swallow hard all my swear words I was about to vomit up. George stares at me, waiting for me to do something.

"Sure" Slips through my gritted teeth, as I force a smile across my pain

I didn't want to get in a car with Will and be forced to listen to him crack the shits, with no one else around to stand up for me.

I could stand up for myself, don't get me wrong, but against Will, you had to understand that he hurt me so much, that I automatically feel like a wounded deer around him.

Like the switch would flick to vulnerable when he spoke.

Will rolls his eyes and slides off the stool like a sulking toddler.

"Right, let's get on with if then" He sighs as he grabs his keys out of his pocket and stands beside me.

Not close. Like as far away as possible from me, but still next to me I guess.

I stare at him then put my head down.

Will opens the front door and walks out, as I catch the door before it shuts, I look back at George, begging for mercy with my eyes.

He gives me a sympathetic smile and I sigh, walking out and closing the door behind me.

I didn't want to get in that car with Will. My mind was ticking like a bomb, ready to explode as soon as Will uttered a single word.

But quite frankly, I had no idea what would be worse.

Driving to the store with Will in silence, or driving to the store listening to Will complain.