78| Don't Take Me Away

WARNING: Minor mentions of self-harm based off an old chapter. Please just be aware, and do not continue if you feel you are unable to.

Suggested Song: Taking You There - Live From Spotify London by The Broods (it's just the acoustic version)

Carmen's POV

I opened my eyes to the sweet sickly light peaking through the gaps in the curtains. I stared at the roof, admiring the small cracks and bumps, that were only noticable if you were really looking. I stretched my legs out and twisted my body, hearing every satisfying crack.

I sat up and began to feel Will move. I looked over to him and a couple of seconds later his eyes shoot open too.

He looks over at me and smirks. I quickly turn my attention away and try to peak more at the light coming through the windows, as I feel Will sit up beside me.

"Watching me sleep, huh?" He mocks with a cheeky grin

I look back at him and roll my eyes as I give a bit of a smile.

"Did you sleep alright?" He asks as he stretches

"Yeah. What about you?" I respond and he shrugs

"Yeah it was alright"

Will reaches over his shoulder to the night stand behind him and grabs his phone off charge. I slip out from under the covers and walk over to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I had a quick shower, not wetting my hair or anything. I wasn't long. I dried myself off, got dressed, and walked back into the room.

"You know, the soap smells terrible" I giggle as I play with my hands

When I didn't hear a response I looked up at Will. He was staring at his phone blankly. A tension rose in the room and began to feel my hands get sticky.

"Will?... What's wrong?" I ask, moving slightly closer

He just looks up at me. His hands were shaking and he looked a mix of anger and pure pain.

"How could you do that?" He simply replies and I look at him in shock

"Do what? What's happening, Will?!" I demand and he stands up and storms at me. Each step makes my heart beat faster.

"This!" He says, holding the phone up in my face as he towers over me.

Usually his towering presence made me feel safe, but now, it made me feel terrified. On his phone is an open messenger chat.