84| Will's Charm

Suggested Song: Only by RY X

Carmen's POV

"So how was it?" Will's voice quietly and calmly asks from across the car, pulling me from my thoughts that had dwelled up in the silence

I shrug my shoulders, looking out the window "It was alright"

"Were they nice?"

I look back at him "Yes, Will. They played nice"

He smiles back at me with a small glance, quickly returning his gaze to the road ahead of him "Good to hear"

I look down to my fidgeting fingers, wanting to ask Will more questions. But they weren't about Cleo and Sarah.

"So uh..." I stutter, catching Will's eye for a moment "Where do we... Ya know?... Stand at the moment?"

Will's frowns playfully with a confused smile loitering on his lips

"What do ya mean?"

I sigh, shaking my head and looking back out the window, trying to ignore the need to ask "Nevermind. It doesn't matter"

"No, I want to know"

I just shake my head, avoiding his glances by gazing out the window

He sighs, poking me in the side playfully. His other hand still balanced on the wheel "No, I'm serious. What's wrong?"

I sigh, throwing my gaze back over to his "I just mean... After we kissed back in California, we never talked about where to go now. Like, are we together? Was a in the moment sort of thing? Are we just friends?"

A small silence arises between us, making my anxiety for the answer to grow.

"Carmen... What do you feel?"

I look over to him, his eyes fixated on the road ahead

"Wha?..."

He glances at me "What do you want?"

I shake my head at him "N-no! I asked you. You can't change that around"

He smiles out at the road, shaking his head too. Not saying another word, assuring me he wanted my answer.

I sigh, looking out the window again "I don't know what I want"

I hear a small breath in response from Will. Slightly confused by the lack of response, I turn to look at him. His eyes fixated on the road. Suddenly, as I'm focusing on Will, the car comes to a stop. I look back out the window. We are parked on the side of the road.

He doesn't say a word for a few seconds, his eyes still fixated out the window, his jaw ever so slightly clenched "You don't know?" He asks, in a much softer voice than expected

I shake my head, slightly in shock by his current response "I don't know..."

He smiles sweetly, braking our eye contact as he smiles down at his lap. With glazed over eyes, he slowly looks back up at me "You're still telling yourself that lie?" He smugly giggles

I join his light heartedness, smiling timidly 

He sighs, stopping his giggling, but allowing a small smile to stay as he looks out the window again, not looking back at me, even when he speaks "Carmen, there are many things in this world that you are" He grins, "But a good liar... is not one of them"

I hold myself together, trying not to burst into a wave of questions "What do you mean by that?"

He shakes his head, looking back at me "Never have a kissed someone like that, when I'm not sure of what I want" He smugly remarks, causing all sorts of memories of that night to flood back

"I-" I try to speak, but Will was right, and fighting him would only put me beside myself

"Ok?" He grins, putting his hand on the keys, still lodged in the ignitions tightly

"Ok" 

****** 

"How was it then?" Alex calls from the couch as Will places his keys down on the kitchen counter. He flashes me a side look, trying to ask who was to answer, but in a quick decision, he takes the lead for me

"It went well" 

I see Alex tiredly poke his eyes over the back of the couch, his hair slightly drooping over his face as I watch the movie playing in the background behind him "That's good"

I watch as Will places his phone and a few other stray belongings from his back-pocket, out onto the clean kitchen bench, walking off down the hall out of sight. I squint, trying to see the movie still flashing from the tv screen.  Oddly, Alex was sitting in the lounge alone, watching Scooby Doo. 

Realistically, who could blame him?

A small ding from behind me startles me as I hear the bathroom door from down the hall shriek closed. Will was in the bathroom, and his phone was beginning to go ballistic behind me. 

I frown, arguing with myself to look back at it, out of complete fear of looking nosy. More messages pop through, the bench vibrating as I strain my curious eyes away, trying to focus of the movie.

But who was I to kid? I was a snoop at heart. And perhaps a small peak would not hurt.

I swallow my pride, and turn around slowly, peering over my shoulder as Will's phone lit up with a new message. All of them from the same name.

"Gloria"

I scoot closer, claiming another small glimpse at the screen lights up again, the last message reading 'Answer your fucking phone, Will' 

Whoever was trying to reach Will, seemed to be posing a deep threat to the poor, unknowing boy. I frown as another pops through, catching my attention 'Seriously, are we still meeting up tonight or what?'

I swallow my doubt and worry, composing myself as I awkwardly adjust my shirt, just as Alex peered over the couch at me with a small frown.

"Who's fucking phone is blowing up?" He asks, looking at the bench where Will's phone was sitting

I shrug, "Will's" I utter, reaching over and turning it onto silent

This woman seemed desperate to meet up with Will tonight, but I couldn't let my mind get the best of me. I'm sure it was an honest mistake. Will wasn't my boyfriend, but it seemed wrong and unlike him to be messaging another girl while we were going through what we were. 

I look down at the floor, trying to think of excuses for Will. Again, his phone lights up, and the message makes me stand from the bench stool, this time his actions surely not excusable. My heart falling to the floor below as I realise, I'm not the only one being fooled by Will's charm

'So we hit it off, then you ghost me?'

A/N

Hope you are all well!!