72| A long Drive

Carmen's POV

"Carmen?" Alex says as he walks in my room

He suddenly stops in front of me and looks me up and down. He smiled at me and raised an eyebrow.

"You look fucking amazing" He finally says through a shocked smile. I just smile nervously at my feet.

"Thanks" I say

"Um well, anyways... We are about to leave, you ready to go?" Alex says as he pulls himself together.

I nod and he smiles and gestures me to come with him. I had my bag in my hand and my phone in the other as I walked out. Everyone else was waiting in the kitchen. They were all dressed up to the nines as well.

"Holy fuck" I hear George comment as I walk over to him, Will and James.

I say nothing, I just stand next to Will. I could feel his eyes wandering me. I look up at him and smile and he quickly turns away awkwardly. He was nervous. I was nervous. The feeling in that room at that very moment was complete and utter tension.

"Let's go then" Alex grins at us and we slowly start piling out the door.

We all walk out and pile into Alex and Will's car. I sit in the front seat of Will's, and he sits in the driver's seat next to me. I smile quickly, then turn to slip on my seatbelt as I felt Will's eyes continue to look at me curiously. Will hands me his phone with the AUX cord plugged in and gestures for me to pick some music.

I scroll through his familiar Spotify and pick the song 'New Flesh by Current Joys'.

As Will pulls out onto the street with Alex close behind, I begin watching the buildings go by. We pass by my familiar University and coffee shop that I had spent many Friday afternoons with Sarah, talking shit and sipping coffee. I sighed and began fiddling with the zipper on my coat that I had sitting on my lap.

"So Carmen, are you excited?" James asks from the back as he leans in the middle of Will and I

I look back and briefly smile at him.

"Yeah. Pretty excited. But I don't really know where we are going" I respond

Will turns to me and smirks. I frown slightly and look over at James in the back, smirking as well.

"Alright?..." I say confused, and continue to stare out the window as the building slowly fade into not much civilization.

I could feel my eyes slowly start to close as it became harder to stay awake.

****

"Carmen... We are here... Wake up" I hear Will's voice say as he gently shakes my shoulder

I open my eyes and sit up better as Will moves back and gives me room. It was dark outside now, and we seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. I rubbed my eyes and frowned as I looked at the empty road around us, surrounded by quite forest.

The only other car on the road was Alex's familiar red corolla. George, Alex and James were leant up against Alex's car talking and staring into the tree line.

"What do you mean 'we are here?" I ask, still observing my surroundings.

"You'll see" He smirks slightly

I frown again and became anxious about what was happening. Why had they taken me out to a random forest and then stopped? Will goes to move away from me, but I quickly grab his shoulder and pull him back. He stops and looks at me funny.

"Will, I'm serious... What's going on?" I ask in a serious tone and he just giggles at me

"Carmen, relax... Come on, hop out. You'll see" He says, moving his head out of the car and holding his hand out to help me out as well

I take it reluctantly and slide out. He locks the car behind me and Alex does the same behind us. Everyone gets up and I notice the torch in James's hand. Will grabs my hand and starts leading me, as James turns on the torch and points it ahead of us, down the dark road.

We walk till I can only just not see the cars. Not because of the distance, just because of the light being too far ahead to see behind us.

It wasn't until we started crossing the road to the right side that I noticed the old dirt road that we were walking towards. I start to grip Will's hand tighter as he leads us all up. The road was long, and seemed to have no light not civilization near.

In the distance, I began to notice a large shadow start to form in front of us.

We moved closer and I noticed it was a large cabin looking home. All the lights were off. The dirt road continued up the back of the house, but we just walked to the front door. Will looks at me, then knocks on the door. The was a small silence, but it wasn't long before the door creaked open slightly and Will began to lead us into a dark house.

Suddenly, my heart stops, and I realise what was going on in a split second.

A/N

Hey everyone! Sorry for the kinda shitty chapter. I've been quite busy... And kinda just wanted to put something out. I hope you like it, even though it's a bit boring at the moment, hopefully it will pick up in chapters soon! Luv ya❤️❤️