25| Look At That Dress

A/N

Sup bro. Please comment any mistakes in my chapters. I read through them, but sometimes need a second opinion❤️

Suggested Song: Santa Monica Dream by Angus & Julia Stone

Carmen's POV

"Will! Grab those chips!" I yell, pointing at a chip display.

Will spins the cart around and stops, shoving three bags of chips in the trolley.

Will was pushing the car, and I was riding on the front, telling him which way to go. I liked bossing him around, and I like it more when he actually listens too.

Does that make me a psychopath?...

Nah I don't care.

Will spins the trolley around again and I hang on tightly.

And just before the cart spins out of control into a fruit stool, he catches the handle and stops the trolley dead.

I giggle in excitement as Will regains control of the trolley and begins to the counter.

As we pull up to the cashier, I hop off the front and stand next to Will. As the line shortens and we are next, Will and I start stacking everything on the convey belt.

"Hows your afternoon been love?" The old woman serving us asks as she begins scanning stuff

"Not too bad, yourself?" I reply, smiling cheerfully at the exhausted woman

She had black rings around her bloodshot eyes.

"Ha ha, not so good love. Took trying night shift last night, and it's killing me" She cheerfully remarks, clearly pleased about the positive conversation

"Oh, I feel for you. At least you get to go home soon and sleep it off" I giggle in response

She smiles and nods.

"That comes to one hundred and fifty-six pounds" The woman says, finishing off the last couple of items

Will hands her the money and I start to pack the full bags back into the trolley.

As we leave the supermarket, Will pushes the cart into my bum, as it was perfect height, gently and playfully. I almost trip and fall the first time, but I regain my balance and he goes for another push.

"Will, you're pushing my buttons... LITERALLY" I see looking back at him, giggling slightly.

He giggles and continues to edge me forward gently.

Something suddenly catches my attention.

A beautiful dress sits elegantly in a store window. I stop immediately and admire it, causing Will to crash the trolley into my hip.

I grunt, but never lose my focus.

I press my face up against the glass as I admire the stunning dress glimmering in the store lights

"What are you doing?" Will says, looking in the shop, then back at me

"Look at that dress..." I trial off.

I know it wasn't anything major or special, but it was simply beautiful.

Will looks at me with one eyebrow raised.

"Why don't you buy it then?" Will says finally beating the silence

I look down at myself, then back at the dress. A picture of disgust posted across my face.

"N-no... I Couldn't pull off something like that..." I say shaking my head at the floor

If there was one thing horribly wrong with me, it would be my self-esteem. But then again, you had to understand that years of bullying had caused me to be a bit sensitive.

Will says nothing.

He just shrugs and looks down.

"Come on, we have to get back to the apartment" Will says looking up at me.

I nod, acknowledging how he was right. I grab onto the front of the trolley and began pulling it along as Will pushed it behind me.

We get back to the car, and I help Will shove things into the boot. Will grabs the last three bags and stuffs them in as I guide the cart to the trolley bay.

When I get back to the car, Will's already ready to go. The cars running. I hop in next to Will and he pulls out of the park, back to the Apartment.