1.02 | NEW YET FAMILIAR FACES

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈
New Yet Familiar Faces
❝Are you just not a people person or something?❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 sun had finally risen, erupting beams of light throughout the forest that circled around the Salvatore Boarding House

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 sun had finally risen, erupting beams of light throughout the forest that circled around the Salvatore Boarding House. Inside, Elena and Stefan were deep in discussion about the suspicious newcomer they'd seen. Damon shortly interrupted to inform them of the encounter he'd shared with the beautifully intriguing vampire the night prior. He acquainted them with the scarce amount of knowledge he had on her and what she'd briefly mentioned about Katherine

"You promised me you wouldn't do anything." Elena's voice was tinged with irritation as she spoke due to Damon never listening to her or complying with anyone's requests.

"No, I told you I wouldn't do anything stupid, and I didn't," Damon responded insightfully with a smirk, resulting in the brunette simply rolling her eyes, shaking her head in subtle aggravation.

"But she said she wasn't here to hurt Elena?" Stefan interrupted their bicker to clarify.

"She didn't even know who Elena was, I think we're fine," Damon returned with a hint of boredom present in his voice.

"Fine?" Elena repeated, still feeling moderately uneasy about the situation. "We barely know anything about her besides the fact she was easily able to overpower you."

"I wouldn't say she overpowered me..." Damon drifted off. "Merely caught me off guard." He defended himself, his casual demeanour never faltering despite not at all being fond of a vampire being stronger than him ⏤ whether that be because of his deflated ego or otherwise.

"We should get to school," Stefan then remarked, turning to Elena who simply nodded. Shortly later the two left the Boarding House, making their way to the local high school and leaving a rather bored and frustrated Damon behind on himself.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

A raging fire filled the area, enlightening in three symmetrical circles; two of which were empty, the final one harbouring a young girl ⏤ the doppelgänger. Olivia's eyes gaze through the thick orange flames, barely noticing the pained and fearful expression flooding the brunette's features. A scream echoed throughout the area, Elena soon retaliating by following to her knees in terror.

Olivia frowned at the sight, trying to edge closer but feeling her feet rooted to the ground and senses blurred. The flickering sparks of the fire burned her skin and the heavy smoke began filling her lungs, suffocating her. Olivia coughed hoarsely several times, squinting through the intense light before the fire soon faded into ashes. Elena in response walked out of the circle and emotionless expression on her face as she approached an indistinguishable figure.

At that moment, Olivia noticed how broken Elena looked ⏤ how she no longer feared death, simply accepted it; welcomed it. Moments later through her fading vision, Olivia was barely able to make out the figure biting down into Elena's neck, beginning to drain her of blood. And he did. She fell to the ground; body motionless ⏤ she was dead.