1.28 | THE DINNER PARTY

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
The Dinner Party
❝I think it's the alcohol.❞

          𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 later, during yet another everlasting conversation, Olivia found herself once again attempting to pour herself a glass of alcohol unnoticeably, hoping the others were too consumed in their conversation to catch the subtl...

          𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 later, during yet another everlasting conversation, Olivia found herself once again attempting to pour herself a glass of alcohol unnoticeably, hoping the others were too consumed in their conversation to catch the subtle action.

She had been doing this for a moderate amount of time now and whilst in some cases, she was successful in her advances, other times Damon would catch her and either switch her glass with his own empty one or down the beverage before her actions would bring any attention to her, throwing her an annoyed glare simultaneously. Truthfully, he didn't particularly mind how much alcohol she consumed, he was simply aware that they had human guests ⏤ primarily Jenna who knew she was human and underage. Besides the look of irritation covering her features each and every time was undoubtedly worth it.

Elijah had also noticed her actions, smiling to himself each time she was successful in maintaining her drink. He couldn't help but be significantly amused and eventually somewhat partook in her actions. It became a sort of a game for them formed out of boredom or uninterest

The Original would occasionally aid Olivia in her attempts by distracting the others ⏤ usually by asking an inquisitive question or striking up an interesting conversation point to higher the chances of her success. It amused them both and made the dinner party a little more bearable for the time being.

Though the thought of having a mildly enjoyable time made Olivia internally sigh as she was enjoying her time with an Original vampire ⏤ one that would undoubtedly turn on her upon finding out the truth about what she really was; a tribrid. The very thing they had talked about the first time they had met.

"Would anyone care for some cognac? I have a bottle that I've been saving for ages." Damon then announced, looking across the faces of the others at the table as he got up from his seat.

"None for me thanks. Nine bottles of wine is my limit." Alaric stated in return.

"I, one the other hand am just getting started," Liv commented playfully, despite her being a seriousness lingering in the undertones of her voice.

Sometimes consuming an excessive amount of alcohol somewhat helped the tribrid. Despite having a high metabolism and having a higher immunity rate to the effects of alcohol, being a tribrid her body worked a little differently and consuming enough of it would stimulate similar feelings to how humans responded to alcohol. In some cases, she'd become irritable or impulsive and even lose some sense of control, and in other cases, she'd feel a little better; a little happier. Somehow it managed to help her remove the slightest bit of misery from her life and return to her the slightest bit of emotion.

"She's kidding," Damon resorted, directing his comment mainly to Jenna.

Olivia ignoring her words grabbed the bottle and poured some of the liquid into her empty glass which Jenna happened to catch. "Maybe you should slow down there." She suggested.