1.34 | BREAKING POINT

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
Breaking Point
❝That's all it is: playing along.❞

          "𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 going on?" Elena questioned in thorough confusion

          "𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 going on?" Elena questioned in thorough confusion. She was currently standing in the hallways of the high school a moderate distance away from the gymnasium where the decade dance was being held. Bonnie was at her side and who she presumed to be Alaric was leading them further away from the mild hum of music down the isolated halls.

Presumably, Klaus had taken Jeremy, or so Alaric told her anyway, though now it was a possibility that he was lying or compelled. Though upon questioning him about it, he seemed to deny both. "Okay, I'll give you a hint," Alaric began in a tone so unlike his usual one implicating further confusion in both the brunette and Bonnie who was stood beside her. "I am not Alaric." He finished with a smirk causing Bonnie and Elena's expressions to change drastically.

"Klaus!" Elena exclaimed, taking a step back as her entire body stiffened.

"Surprise!" Klaus returned with a broad smile on his, or rather, Alaric's face.

"No. No, it's not possible." She denied, shaking her head as fear arose within her and she exchanged a panicked glance with Bonnie.

Before their conversation could go any further, however, a voice broke the tension consumed silence just as a figure appeared in the corridor, directly in front of both Elena and Bonnie. "Hey, Elena. There you are." She began, clearly oblivious to the exchange the pair had just shared with Alaric or as the two now knew him to be ⏤ Klaus. In fact, she seemed to be so focused on finding someone; anyone to reveal the truth to that she had somehow yet to notice Alaric's presence in the hallway with them as a whole.

"Olivia now is not ⏤" the brunette began to explain whilst her eyes remained fixed on Alaric over the tribrid's shoulder.

"I can't find anyone else so I might as well tell you this; you're welcome, by the way," the blonde continued casually, dismissing Elena's warning completely whilst a subtle smirk spread across the Original's face as he allowed the exchange to continue for his own personal interest and amusement.

"Olivia ⏤" Elena began once more only to promptly be cut off by the girl.

"Don't ask me how I found this out but Alaric is not Alaric." She began to inform the girl. "Well he is but he isn't." She proceeded, confusing herself with her own explanation. "Klaus had this witch perform a spell to transfer his consciousness into Alaric's body temporarily. Yeah, I know weird, but I'm not done." She returned, mistaking Elena's expression of alarm and fear to be caused by the words she just uttered rather than the fact he was standing right behind them.

Klaus was only more so amused as she continued, momentarily putting aside his curiosities as to how she acquired the information.

"Liv!" Elena exclaimed, raising her voice vaguely to pull the girl's attention before she blurted anything else out.