1.22 | JOHN GILBERT

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
John Gilbert
❝I'm good at surviving, it's kinda my thing.❞

          𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓 pounding echoed throughout Olivia's house, sending gentle vibrations through the walls and piercing through her skull on a continuous loop

          𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓 pounding echoed throughout Olivia's house, sending gentle vibrations through the walls and piercing through her skull on a continuous loop. Initially, she simply remained in the comfort of her bed, hoping whoever it was knocking on her door would eventually leave. Though after several minutes with no change in the aggravating knocking sound, Liv reluctantly made her way to the door.

"I'm coming. I'm coming..." she murmured beneath her breath in exhaustion at the persistent pounding before pulling the door open to see a familiar blonde vampire. "Hey... Caroline." Olivia began casually upon seeing her. Though her casual tone soon shifted to one of confusion upon seeing Caroline's appearance ⏤ several tears streaming down her cheeks and flooded her eyes and a fearful expression covered her features. "You look like you just got hit by a bus."

Caroline barely made any response to her blunt comment. "Olivia... it's Tyler..."

"He's not..." Olivia began; her eyes flickered with alarm.

"No! God, no." She quickly answered before a sigh escaped her lips. "He just showed up at my house this morning and I thought it was just about how we kissed the night before but it ⏤"

"Wait a minute, you guys kissed?" Olivia interrupted her explanation, slightly surprised.

"No... well, yeah. He kissed me... but I didn't pull away." She began, momentarily losing focus and thinking back to the event in a fluster before shaking her head to reconcentrate her thoughts. "That's not the point. I was talking to him one minute and then all of a sudden he just pinned me against a car and started yelling at me and harassing me with questions about Mason." She rushed to explain.

"What type of questions?"

"Like if he's dead and if we were the ones who killed him!" Caroline answered. She herself was still fairly confused about the Mason situation but the possibility of him being dead didn't even flicker through her mind.

Meanwhile, Olivia's thoughts were flickering in a different direction. Jules. Of course she told Tyler. What reason did she have not to? Perfect. This is just perfect. She thought sarcastically. Olivia's thoughts were interrupted however by a light vibration from her phone, checking the display screen she noticed several missed calls from Tyler who had been presumably trying to talk to her about the same thing he questioned Caroline on. "What did you tell him?"

"Nothing. I mean for most of the conversation he seemed to be pretty pissed off and in truth Olivia, I didn't know what to say. I mean you told us he left town and that you found a witch to erase his memories ⏤ whatever that means. But now Tyler seems to be sure that me, you and all the other vampires in Mystic Falls were the reason for his death. He thinks we were the ones who killed him!" Caroline exclaimed in exasperation.