2.06 | THE FIRST TURNED

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈
The First Turned
❝I say we kill him.❞

           𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 had been walking silently for a while now

           𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 had been walking silently for a while now. Elena and Alaric several meters ahead, the brunette desperate and eager to capture any sign of Stefan whilst Olivia and Damon trailed behind, walking side by side, drowning in the lingering quietness that flooded between them which eventually, Damon broke, unable to bear the silence for a second longer.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked the blonde.

Olivia turned to him scarcely at his words, seeing a flicker of pain flash across his eyes and strike his attractive features. "Elena told me not to." She reasoned weakly.

"And since when do you listen to what she says?" He retaliated, the brief pain she saw immediately replaced with irritation.

"I didn't exactly have time, Damon. They would've left without me otherwise and if they did that, they wouldn't have stood a chance." She responded reasonably.

"It's a full moon, none of us stands a chance." He countered with a light sigh before another moment of short-lasting silence drafted between them. "I waited, you know." Damon began to speak once more, rendering her entirely lost for a moment. "You never showed up."

She immediately figured out what he meant. Yesterday she said she'd find him the following day. She never did. Instead of telling him the truth ⏤ that she was terrible in situations of grief and despair and comforting people wasn't exactly her speciality ⏤ she lied as if it were the most normal thing in the world to her. "Something came up with Tyler."

"Of course it did." He rolled his eyes at her words.

"Yeah, he doesn't like you either," Olivia stated, casting her eyes over the small cliff they'd reach overlooking the river they'd passed by earlier except now they were higher up and on the opposite side.

"You told him about us." Damon pulled Liv's attention back to him with his words. "Why?" He inquired. He wouldn't have minded too much if he wasn't the only person she had told.

"I don't know," she shrugged cluelessly. "I guess Ty just has a way of getting things out of me." She informed him nonchalantly. However, Damon found himself rolling his eyes at the nickname and tightening his jaw at how open she was with him. "You're not jealous of Tyler are you?" She asked upon noticing his actions, a flicker of a smile residing on her lips.

"What's there to be jealous of?" He resorted bitterly before quickly deciding to shift the subject. "So what's the big plan when we find him?"

"Haven't gotten that far yet." Olivia murmured silently.

"This whole journey will probably turn out as a lost cause anyway." He grumbled in retaliation prompting Olivia to raise her eyebrows at him moderately.