2.08 | TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈
Too Close For Comfort 
❝Clearly, you're severely messed up on the inside.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 three finally reached the bar, darkness soaking in and engulfing all the remaining light beside the pale glows from a sparse few street lamps

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 three finally reached the bar, darkness soaking in and engulfing all the remaining light beside the pale glows from a sparse few street lamps. Eventually, they approached the door of the small bar and Klaus took several steps in front of her just as she reached out her hand and he opened it up for her instead, making her force a smile as she spoke.

"How chivalrous of you." She stated in a sarcastic manner as she continued inside, finding herself a seat on one of the many empty bar stools that stretched along the length of the bar.

Klaus merely chuckled to himself as Stefan followed him through the doorway, the warmth of the inside reaching them as they found where Liv had positioned herself. Klaus sat on the empty stool beside her whilst Stefan purposely missed the open seat to Olivia's left, sitting on the spare stool next to Klaus instead. He hated every second of this but refused to let it show on his features, silently hoping it would all end quickly.

Gloria, noticing the familiar men from earlier, moved over to them from the other side of the bar with a smile on her face, until her gaze turned to the girl beside them who Klaus was currently watching with intrigue. "Now who is the fine beauty," she asked, managing to establish a link between her and Klaus instantly. "Girlfriend of yours?"

Liv bit down the insult that was on the edge of her tongue though couldn't hold back the sarcastic comment that formed in retaliation. "Yeah, we're married with three children, how did you ever figure that one out?"

A smirk formed on Klaus's lips at her remark before he draped his arm around her shoulders. "After years of begging, I finally pitied her and said yes." He told Gloria, playing along with her sarcasm as he turned to Olivia, their faces inches apart as she glared at him.

"Who is she really, Klaus?" Gloria asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Just an old friend." He returned, making Olivia bite down on her tongue, hating that his arm was still around her before she turned back to him smiling sweetly.

"Honey, we've been over this," she began, forcing the smile on her lips much like she did the tone of affection in her voice. "Don't use words you don't understand." She pulled his arm off her and turned away from his glare.

Stefan, hearing her words, fought the urge to smile. He couldn't help but miss her ⏤ from the way she spoke and acted, her bluntness and lack of seriousness... Though he especially missed the way she could make him smile in the worst situations. She reminded him of Lexi in that way.

"Oh, I like her," Gloria spoke up with a smile of her own, seeing how she had insulted the Original with no trace of fear in her voice.

Unfortunately or fortunately for Olivia,  an interruption prevented their encounter from progressing any further. "Hey, beautiful, how about you let me buy you a drink?" An unrecognisable voice disrupted their conversation and Liv turned to see an attractive man in what looked to be his mid-twenties, standing beside her; a few years older than her and around Klaus's age ⏤ appearance wise anyway.