2.24 | THE CONSTITUTION OF HAPPINESS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕
The Constitution Of Happiness ⏤
❝I just thought your ego needed a little boosting.❞

          𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀 was engulfed in a dream she had experienced frequently before ⏤ one in which there was no escape or help from the fortress of her wondering deranged mind

          𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀 was engulfed in a dream she had experienced frequently before ⏤ one in which there was no escape or help from the fortress of her wondering deranged mind. She banged her fists persistently against the surface of the small restricting coffin she was enclosed in, desperately trying to make her way out. The air around her was thick, making it difficult to inhale the heavy breaths she so desperately wanted to.

This time, instead of a crack materialising above her and paving the way for layers of dirt to fall continuously from above and slowly but surely suffocate her, the wooden cover was abruptly ripped open. Olivia's eyes were met with pale grey stone ceilings and darting upwards in her position, Olivia glanced around at the familiar basement of the basement within the building making the Witch Burial Ground.

Pulling herself out of the coffin cautiously, she glanced around the room to see it was bare and empty besides the endless slabs of concrete. The only other thing in the room with her was another coffin; the mysterious locked one she'd seen before. Narrowing her eyes at the black box quizzically, Olivia edged closer, leaning in vaguely as she heard a subtle drumming sound echoing from the inside of the hollow wood.

The second Olivia dared to lean in an inch closer to get a better grasp on what she was hearing, the lid to abruptly ripped open with a harsh thud. Someone's pale hand was quick to shoot out of the abyss soon after and Olivia was about to back away but the hand somehow found her wrist, gripping onto it tightly in an excruciating painful hold. Liv desperately tried to pry away her arm from the figure though found herself unable to do so, only being able to watch as the person inside began to rise out of the coffin; her vision going black before she saw her face.

"Something wrong?" Damon's soothing voice flooded her ears as her eyes abruptly flashed open and her body flinched initially at his touch. Releasing a subtle exhale as she gazed around at the familiar surroundings of Damon's room, she turned to the quizzically concerned vampire who was lying opposite her in the large four-poster bed.

"No, it's just..." she began before shaking her head subtly and forcing a smile onto her lips. "Forget about it."

Damon had the initial intention of objecting her dismissive words and prying further when his attention was pulled elsewhere. "Your arm," he said softly, causing Liv to follow his gaze to the strange bruising covering her wrist. Instinctively she pulled her arm away, though Damon quickly pulled her arm back towards him to see the marks.

Olivia and Damon's eyes were on the girl's wrist; the strange dark purple bruises were barely visible and actively disappearing from their sight. "It's fine," she said reassuringly before leaning over to kiss him; hoping to distract him from the peculiar events and distract herself from the growing uneasy feeling in her gut.