2.04 | FINALLY

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕
Finally ⏤
❝The damaged brother that's always second best.❞

                    𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀, completely and utterly overwhelmed by Olivia's revelation, needed some time to fully process everything and wanted some space and time to herself

          𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀, completely and utterly overwhelmed by Olivia's revelation, needed some time to fully process everything and wanted some space and time to herself. Liv understood her request and simply began heading towards the front door of the Boarding House with the intention of leaving whilst Caroline trailed behind her reluctantly, still disorientated from everything that had been said. She was trying to keep up with the tribrid's pace and follow her to the door, all the while questioning her more about what exactly had happened with Stefan.

Both girls were unaware of Damon and Alaric's presence on the front porch ⏤ they'd both drifted outside in order to get some fresh air and put some distance between them and the chaos inside. "So are you planning on talking to her?" Alaric asked the elder Salvatore, both of them knowing who he was referring to.

"Why should I?" Damon replied; his voice was a cross between bitterness and carelessness. The last thing he wanted to be thinking about right now was her but still, she never left his mind. No matter the lengths he went to or what he did to forget about her or move on it was impossible. Even when she wasn't in town, she was his final thought when he went to sleep every night and his first thought when he woke up every morning.

"I saw the way you looked at her before, Damon, you're clearly not over her," Alaric stated and Damon didn't bother looking his way in response.

The Salvatore was initially going to tell him it was hopeless ⏤ that it didn't matter what he felt because she was clearly over him. However, after hearing what the Lockwood kid had said earlier, he was left with something even more confusing than before. His response was prevented by a sudden message he received.

He glimpsed down at the text before speaking. "Andie wants me to pick her up." He said, finding it strange how he momentarily forgot all about her.

"Your fake, compelled girlfriend wants you to be a chivalrous boyfriend?" The hunter returned, raising his brows.

"Well, it's a complicated dynamic." Damon forced a smirk in response, about to head off as he had nothing better to do, though he stopped himself when he heard two familiar voices sounding from inside, getting louder and evidently closer.

"What am I supposed to say to her?" Caroline queried in frantic exasperation. Damon and Ric tilted their heads in her direction at her distorted and stressful tone, noticing Olivia ⏤ previously walking briskly ahead of her ⏤ now stopping and turning back to face her.

"Nothing," Olivia stated simply. "She wants to be alone so just let her be alone. Just go... find Tyler or something." She suggested.

"But I think she's really upset." Caroline continued on, feeling more and more worried about Elena.