1.30 | THE TRUTH REVEALED

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐗
The Truth Revealed
❝I'm so not getting used to this.❞

           "𝐒𝐎, you followed me?" Liv began, finally breaking the everlasting quiet

           "𝐒𝐎you followed me?" Liv began, finally breaking the everlasting quiet. It had been several minutes since she found Katherine in her house late at night. Several minutes since she found her with the real moonstone, asking the question she feared someone would. 

What the hell is a tribrid? Katherine's words repeated in Olivia's mind for the entirety of the long silence that she had just finally broken upon putting all the previous events together. It was clear that Katherine was suspicious of her and it was clear that she must've followed her to the Martian Residence. She saw the entire encounter; she saw Olivia using her powers and mentioning that she was a tribrid.

"Can you blame me?" Katherine returned, not moving from her fixed position as she stared at the blonde in front of her, now tightly gripping the translucent stone in her hand as her mind continued to race with thoughts. Each one crazier than the one before.

"How did you find that?" Olivia then asked, attempting to maintain a blank expression and hide any alarm from her features.

"I've been here for a while, looking around for something out of the ordinary and the witchy spell books were a dead give away After pulling a couple out, it wasn't too hard to notice the strange box behind one of them." She returned.

Olivia didn't respond initially and simply looked back at the brunette, viewing her expression calculatingly and trying to see the aura surrounding her. Observing people's auras usually gave her a glimpse into what they were feeling; the emotions they were experiencing. It all depended on the colour and shape and general feeling of the aura surrounding them, and though to most Katherine was always difficult to read, to Olivia it was simple. Most thought the brunette felt nothing; that she flicked the switch and turned off all her humanity, but the tribrid knew it was just a facade. 

It was ironic really; how different they were. Katherine made it appear as if she felt nothing when she really felt it all whilst Olivia was on the opposing side of the spectrum; she portrayed herself as feeling emotions normally despite inwardly struggling with to grasp that very concept. As soon as Liv would take a step closer to her humanity; as soon as she managed to catch a flicker of hope through the momentary experience of an emotion that was real, it would disappear before she could properly latch onto it and she'd be pushed back to where she started.

"What the hell is going on?" Katherine blurted out, finally breaking due to the pressure build-up of the different emotions she was feeling inside. She always knew Olivia was hiding something from her, but now she was beginning to realise it was something far greater than she ever could've imagined. "I can't explain what I saw, Liv. I... I don't even know what to say. I just... I need you to answer me honestly." She stressed, feeling more confusion then she could ever possibly express.