1.14 | THE CONFRONTATION

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐕
The Confrontation
❝Besides, he's Katherine's ex.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 early morning sun shafted scattered rays of light across the woodland in beautiful shapes and patterns as Damon, rather sharply, trudged through the trees with Stefan following shortly behind

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 early morning sun shafted scattered rays of light across the woodland in beautiful shapes and patterns as Damon, rather sharply, trudged through the trees with Stefan following shortly behind. The elder Salvatore decided to get some answers from Olivia regarding Mason and Stefan, upon seeing Damon's current rage epidemic, decided to accompany his brother to see Olivia. Whilst he too wanted answers, he was more so concerned with preventing Damon from killing her, or, more accurately, attempt to prevent her from killing him in self-defence.

So they wandered the woods surrounding the Boarding House, drifting deeper into the woodland where the trees were clustered closer together, blocking out most of the sunlight and creating an eerie atmosphere. Eventually, the two managed to locate the tribrid's house and Damon, without a shred of hesitation, opened the unlocked door ⏤ despite having every intention of breaking the lock if it wasn't.

They didn't need an invitation due to the girl being a vampire and the house currently being in her ownership but that didn't do much to ease the uncomfortable feeling the younger Salvatore felt from entering her home uninvited, much less her bedroom where Damon was carelessly heading towards.

Entering the decent sized room, they noticed the blonde sleeping seamlessly under the thick white covers of her bed. Streaks of light poured into the room through the blinds, giving a certain glow to her pale skin. Much like the first time Damon had seen Olivia asleep in the hospital, she once more looked innocent and tranquil. She seemed to be a completely different person despite remaining just as beautiful ⏤ even Stefan who was madly in love with Elena couldn't deny her beauty.

"Could you guys come back in like an hour? I'm not done sleeping away my problems yet." Olivia murmured through her pillow. She had felt the presence of the two in her room for several minutes and even without opening her eyes or getting up from the comfort of her bed she knew it was the Salvatore brothers.

"I suggest you start talking. Now." Damon said with a dangerously low voice as he narrowed his eyes at the blonde, already feeling his patience slip away from him.

"About?" Olivia asked, finally fluttering her eyes open and later pulling herself up so she was seated in her bed, leaning against the back headboard and giving both of the Salvatores a questionable look.

Damon clenched his teeth together for a moment before his jaw loosened and he managed to respond. "Mason Lockwood. Where is he?"

"He's gone." The tribrid answered simply, noticing Stefan frown in confusion resulting in the blonde sighing inwardly before she reluctantly pulled herself out of bed, walking across the room past the pair towards a set of draws in which she'd placed a glass of water on top of the previous night.