1.12 | THE KISS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐈
The Kiss
❝God, I hate being the new girl.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 town was setting up for, yet again, another event in Mystic Falls ⏤ this one being the annual Masquerade Ball

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 town was setting up for, yet again, another event in Mystic Falls ⏤ this one being the annual Masquerade Ball. It was being held at the Lockwood Residence the following evening and so some of the town residents were currently loitering around the grounds, decorating and preparing for the event. Olivia was headed over to the residence to see Tyler, oblivious to the ball being held.

Upon approaching the vast grass area in front of the main building, she viewed the tons of people and assumed that something must be going on as there never failed to be a boring day in this town. She sometimes wondered how they did it all and if it would kill them to just lay off any big celebration for a month or so and give everyone a break.

Olivia debated whether or not to just leave straight away but she presumed they'd be no harm in just talking to Tyler for a bit to see how he was doing. Though she wouldn't admit it she had really taken a liking to the boy and could almost call him a friend. Almost.

Liv continued further into the outside gardens, her eyes flickering over several familiar faces before she finally came across Tyler and Matt.

"Hey Tyler, Matt. You two are looking friendly again." She said, greeting the two after she made her way through the oddly speckled tables to reach where they were currently standing. "So you forgave him for making out with your mother?" She asked Matt bluntly with a slight smile.

"Please don't remind me." He murmured in response.

"Again, I'm sorry about that." Tyler apologized, still feeling guilty.

"Yeah, I know but It's done with... really," Matt stressed to his friend with a reassuring smile. "I'm going to go get an extension cord, I'll be right back." He then said, leaving to find a cord to hang up some more decorations after giving a friendly smile to Olivia.

"So what's up with all the people?" She asked once she and Tyler were alone.

"You haven't heard?" He asked, somewhat surprised as almost everyone now knew about the event occurring in tomorrow.

"Heard about what?" She queried.

"The Masquerade Ball," Tyler stated in return, resulting in a look of realization from Liv as she briefly remembered hearing about the event.

"Oh, right yeah, a couple of guys from school asked me if I was going." She recalled, remembering the awkward conversations vividly.

"I wonder why," Tyler replied sarcastically with an amused smile that Liv didn't quite understand.

Her brows drew together in perplex. "What?"

"Come on, Liv, every guy who catches the slightest glimpse of you, practically drools over you." He resorted. The only reason she wasn't swarmed with even more guys was because of her closed-off personality that made most almost fearful to approach her.