1.45 | THE BRINK OF DEATH

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐋𝐕
The Brink Of Death ⏤
❝Thank God, I'm saved.❞

          𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 peered out of the large front window of the Boarding House, the open curtains allowing rays of sunlight to beam throughout the room, making him squint moderately as his eyes adjusted to the brightness

          𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 peered out of the large front window of the Boarding House, the open curtains allowing rays of sunlight to beam throughout the room, making him squint moderately as his eyes adjusted to the brightness. After buttoning down his shirt and revealing his broad chest to the streaming light, he raised a glass of scotch to his lips, swallowing the remaining bronze-toned liquid before placing it down on the table beside him.

Without hesitation, he slipped his daylight ring off of his finger and immediately felt the blistering burn of the sunlight as his flesh sizzled and blazed. He knew it would be easier his way ⏤ dying now rather than suffering from the repercussions of his werewolf bite. However, his thoughts were soon knocked off course much like his feet as he was pushed out of the way abruptly, colliding with the ground.

Glancing up at the person who'd... saved him ⏤ loosely put ⏤ and who's body was still on top of his, he noticed Olivia wearing an incredulous expression; her eyes widened in complete disbelief as to what the hell was going through his head. Damon may have read it completely wrong but for a split second, he could've even sworn he saw what could only be described as a glint of fear and worry in her eyes.

"What the hell are you doing?" She immediately questioned, pulling herself off of him and getting up from the ground.

Damon only muttered a vague nothing in response before grabbing his daylight ring from the ground and similarly getting up; the burns across his skin beginning to heal.

"Nothing? Are you serious?" She retaliated, though Damon's expression remained bored and empty almost as he walked past her. "You just tried to kill yourself!" She exclaimed, grabbing his arm when he tried to walk past her.

"That's not what I was doing." He sneered, pulling his arm from her hold aggressively. Olivia couldn't help but part her lips, being startled by his sudden hostility towards her.  Things had taken a drastic turn over the last few days; whilst initially, he wanted to talk to her after this kiss, now he simply sought to be left alone. He could barely even look at her, knowing that tomorrow he would've lost her forever.

"What's going on?" Stefan's voice sounded throughout the parlour room as he entered, though upon viewing the scene, his expression shifted to a knowing one. "Damon... you didn't."

The elder Salvatore only rolled his eyes whilst Olivia glimpsed between the two in confusion; she was unsure what exactly she was missing here. "Stefan, what's going on?"

He was about to reply but Damon's bitter words surfaced before his own. "Why should we tell you anything? You constantly hide things from us." He snarled and his words were entirely justifiable. He was right ⏤ she never told them anything about her life, her past, her real identity. Though Olivia had her reasons; if her secrets were revealed, their lives would be at risk.