2.05 | THE DIFFICULTIES WITH HAPPINESS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕
The Difficulties With Happiness
❝They are so getting themselves killed.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 flashes were quick but slow enough for her to absorb the sight fully

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 flashes were quick but slow enough for her to absorb the sight fully. Unlike her other visions, this one wasn't repetitive and this was the first time she'd seen it. The ritual scenery was different. That image previously replayed throughout her mind on a loop, sometimes the sight would still occasionally flash past her; that memory was indented in her skull. This one, however, was confusing. Not in the way that her senses were blurred as everything was clear, but in the way she didn't know whether the scene was taken from the past, present or future.

A snap sounded through the woods before the body of a wolf dropped to the ground by Klaus's hands, a satisfied smile on his face. Stefan was beside him, watching the events unphased. They were in some kind of forest, distant hills and mountains visible in the background as the scent of pine flooded her nostrils as well as a mild smell of smoke from a dying fire. The bright sun cast beams of light across the area, everything easier to view in the daylight. They appeared to be located in some sort of campsite with a collection of people Liv knew to be mostly composed of wolves speckled around; watching.

The scene changed to what Olivia could assume as a considerable amount of time later, bodies covering the floor with a coating of blood drenching them. Moments later it changed again to Elena's blood being drained at the ritual, the brunette falling to the ground, momentarily dead before she gasped for air, re-appearing in the Ancestral Witch House, wide awake. Then the images cut off completely.

Olivia was back to experiencing her strange visions ⏤ much to her irritation. She sighed heavily as she rose from her bed. Clearly, the sight she'd just seen was showing her Klaus's attempt at creating a hybrid army. What she didn't understand was how that tied back to Elena's death at the ritual; unless her mind was just jumbling past visions inside of her brain. Nevertheless, in all honesty, she didn't care.

She didn't care If Klaus made hybrids or not, she didn't care if he made a whole damn army as long as it didn't affect her in any way. A hybrid between a wolf and a vampire was nothing compared to a hybrid between a wolf, vampire and witch. The power levels were uncomparable and so it simply didn't matter to her. So instead of dwelling on the vision, she ignored it and pushed it from her mind, focusing her brain back on something else.

Immediately her mind darted back to last night. Initially, her thoughts rested on Damon, a smile crossing her face briefly before it fell as her recollection was interrupted by Stefan. She saw Damon's face flash in front of her eyes, wearing the same expression he had when he first saw Andie's dead body. She wanted to talk to him, comfort him, but she couldn't. She didn't know how and so she just thought to give him space. Besides, before seeing Damon again she needed to figure out what to tell him when he asked about her encounter with Stefan.