2.21 | THE LONG NIGHT

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐈
The Long Night
❝Love has a way of consuming you when you least expect it.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 early morning sun was slow to rise the following day and technically it was still settled somewhere below the horizon, residing there and coating the town in loitering darkness

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 early morning sun was slow to rise the following day and technically it was still settled somewhere below the horizon, residing there and coating the town in loitering darkness. Olivia supposed it could still be classed as the night ⏤ one neverending and painfully slow lasting night, in which the hours ticked by and peaceful sleep was ripped away from the tribrids thoughts the moment Damon left her.

Klaus Mikaelson similarly remained awake all night; after recent events with his father, he was rather preoccupied. There one thing his mind was unable to make peace with, though, and that was his confusing thoughts revolving around Olivia. Finding out his father had brutally killed her parents, whilst not out of character for Mikael, was still unexpected. Eventually, the hybrid had managed to find himself at the tribrid's house ⏤ lost between interest and curiosity.

The front door to the tribrid's house was unlocked and the one to her bedroom was narrowly ajar. He entered cautiously, vaguely confused as to why she was all alone considering the blatantly traumatic events of the night. Nevertheless, for several moments he studied the girl as she slept, her breathing uneven and her heartbeat erratic

 He took several progressive steps into the girl's room, approaching her with calculating eyes as a glint of metal captures his gaze. Nearing the girl gingerly, he leaned over her, delicately picking up the base of her necklace as she slept, recognising the pattern that was displayed across the pendant. Placing it back down against the base of her neck softly, his eyes were drawn to a mark on her shoulder blade, scarcely cut off by a thin sheet draped over her as a make-shift blanket.

Klaus curiously pulled the blanket down slightly, just enough so the symbol was fully in his view. It was a peculiar triangular-shaped mark with three interlaced lobes encased within a circle. After staring at it for several moments, he carefully pulled the blanket back over her before glimpsing around the rest of his room.

Eventually, he approached a large set of draws positioned by the doorway to her room ⏤ opposite her bed. He picked up a thick, worn book and opened it up to the first page, seeing a perfectly sketched image of Damon Salvatore. Flicking to the next page, he saw several other similar images; some of which were also of the older Salvatore whilst some were of the younger brother, Caroline, Tyler...

There were several pages empty in the centre of the book, though flipping to the very back, he picked up on several others ⏤ Elijah, Rebekah... Mikael. There were even several of himself which made a smirk reside on is lips. The girl was undoubtedly talented in art and he saw similar stroke work in her drawings that he did in his own.

Olivia stirred gently in her sleep, making Klaus avert his eyes to the beautiful tribrid for a moment before noticing something else out of the corner of his eyes. He was instantly drawn to a splurge of bright colour, peeking through a crack in a closet-sized room. He neared the door before pushing it open, taking a single step inside the confined room, his gaze drifting across the area.