1.03 | UNINVITED GUESTS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈
Uninvited Guests
❝You see, I'm kind of a loner.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 tribrid's eyes flickered back down to her drawing in utter boredom, all the while feeling a presence from behind her

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 tribrid's eyes flickered back down to her drawing in utter boredom, all the while feeling a presence from behind her. "What do you want, Tyler?" She asked simply, not turning to face him.

"What are you drawing?" He questioned in response, moving around the bench before taking a seat next to her, eyes peering at her page which she countered by slamming her book closed abruptly. "Okay, note to self, don't ask about your drawings." He said mockingly as a slight smile grew on his face.

"And you're here because..."

"What are you doing after school today?" He asked, dismissing the mild irritation that covered her features.

"Well since I just moved here, I'll be rather preoccupied unpacking all my things," Olivia replied, using her words as an excuse to decline whatever he was going to ask her to do or attend. Whilst she found Tyler more bearable than the others in Mystic Falls, that didn't mean she wanted the company.

"I could help you out with that."

"I wish you could but you the problem is I'm kind of a loner," Olivia replied sarcastically.

"Yeah well so am I, so I guess we can be loners together." Tyler continued to be persistent with the blonde.

"I think you're missing the entire concept of being a loner." She returned bluntly. "Besides, unfortunately, you don't qualify for the loner category. You associate with too many people ⏤ the guys on the team for example."

"I know the word team is probably a foreign term to you but just because we take part in football matches together, doesn't mean we're actually friends," Tyler said, teasing her once more before continuing with a vaguely serious edge to his voice. "In reality, I don't really have anyone I'm actually close to. I'm not the most likeable person."

"Now that is the first thing you've said that actually makes sense," Olivia returned making the boy roll his eyes in brief irritation and surprisingly Olivia found a smile tugging on the corner of her lips.

"I mean I used to be pretty close with Matt." Tyler began.

"The overly friendly waiter?" Olivia clarified.

"Right." Tyler nodded. "But ever since he started dating Caroline ⏤"

"Perky blonde." She added in quickly whilst he continued to speak.

"⏤ he's been too busy for me." He finished, drifting off into his thoughts whilst Olivia found her gaze wandering across the open area in disinterest due to the lengthening silence. Upon doing so, Olivia managed to catch a glimpse of Elena and Stefan ⏤ both heading in her general direction, both their gazes concentrated on her.