1.04 | FOUNDER'S DAY

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕
Founder's Day
❝I wouldn't say we're friends exactly.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 all famous Founder's Day had finally arrived and this year everyone was going all out

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 all famous Founder's Day had finally arrived and this year everyone was going all out. Between the extensively themed costumes and the well-decorated floats, the residents of Mystic Falls had outdone themselves this year. Currently, some of the residents of the town, which included the majority of students from the high school, were outside the premises, putting the last finishing touches on the floats and fixing up some of the other decorations.

Olivia had decided to attend the celebration after all, mainly out of her growing curiosity as to why everyone spends so much time fixating on the presumably ordinary event. The tribrid began wandering around the front area of the school grounds, making her way through the endless amounts of people that loitered around the area gleefully. Eventually, the blonde's eyes seemed to meet with a pair of very familiar blue ones as she made her way through the crowd.

Damon Salvatore was watching the girl calculatingly as she walked, his eyes being pulled from Elena of whom he was previously watching affectionately to shift to the curiously endearing vampire who seemed to attempt to avoid them at all costs. Stefan momentarily followed his brother's gaze to the girl ⏤ the two were previously consumed in an argument about Elena regarding their mutual love for the brunette.

Olivia only met their glances for a brief second before she diverted her gaze, moments away from wandering away in an attempt to get lost in the busy crowd and avoid another encounter with them ⏤ specifically Damon. To say she wasn't very fond of the vampire would be an understatement.

"Olivia?" A voice called out to the tribrid, haltering her plans in leaving as she averted her gaze to a familiar brunette. Elena smiled back at her, oblivious to her triumph to avoid them all.

The tribrid looked longingly back over her shoulder ⏤ glancing at the alluring forests deprived of any people ⏤ though her eyes soon moved back to the brunette, sighing internally as she approached her hesitantly. "Hey, Elena," Olivia said with a forced smile before her eyes finally skimmed over the girl's appearance. Between the way her hair was styled and the dress she wore, it was almost impossible to believe she was anyone else but her vampire doppelgänger.

"And I'm supposed to believe she's not Katherine." Olivia then sighed out underneath her breath.

"Sorry, did you say something?" She questioned, not properly hearing her comment, unlike Damon and Stefan who had caught every word, the older of the two smirking at her words.

"No, It's just you look ⏤"

"Believe me I know," Elena cut her off promptly with a smile. "But Caroline would kill me if I showed up in anything less." She finished a small awkward silence following.

Olivia cast another look over her shoulder, desperately wanting to make a brisk exit, though seeing the uncomfortable expression over her features, Liv simply sighed internally once more before attempting to make basic small talk with the girl ⏤ despite Olivia not fully understanding the concept of small talk. "It suits you... the dress."