2.22 | AND SO THE SUN RISES

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈
And So The Sun Rises 
❝If the word okay leaves your lips I'm going to kill you.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 blistering sun bled through her bedroom window painfully; another sigh escaped her lips followed by an exhausted huff of air ⏤ another day, another chance

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 blistering sun bled through her bedroom window painfully; another sigh escaped her lips followed by an exhausted huff of air ⏤ another day, another chance. A chance for her to regain herself, find her way through the suffocating darkness and escape the deadly silent whirlwind around her. A scarce few days had passed since the aftermath of Homecoming panned out... or maybe it was a week. Honestly, she wasn't entirely sure at this point. Every morning seemed to settle like the last and every night appeared to subdue like the one before.

She hadn't really let her room at all in the last few days. All she did was stay inside and draw or paint to relieve herself of some pent up feelings. Occasionally she'd just stare blankly at the ceiling and wait for the day to end and for the hole in her chest to heal. She supposed it would eventually, she just had to wait a little longer. Though waiting was the only thing she did recently and the tribrid was growing more and more exhausted with being patient.

Olivia pulled herself into a seated position on her bed reluctantly, grabbing her phone and glimpsing over the screen. A continuous string of missed calls, messages and voicemails filtered across her view and sighing heavily, she played the most recent one.

"Hey, Liv... It's Tyler, well you probably already know that but... I guess I'm just calling to... well..." an audible sigh erupted across the line as the hybrid inhaled a heavy breath. "Look, Liv I haven't seen you for a while and I guess I'm just worried; we all are. So please just... just call me back." A low monotone beep followed his words before silence settled once more.

It was just Tyler she hadn't talked to recently, it was... well everyone. Though that didn't stop them all for leaving continuous messages and voicemails clouding her phone. The only one she didn't have a single message from was Damon whose mind was still focused on how their last exchange of words went. All he could do was use Stefan as a human buffer of sorts to find out how she was holding up. He wanted to talk to her after their fight, he just couldn't find the words.

Besides, Olivia tended to isolate herself when dealing with something. She wasn't the type to confide in others or let them in or actually talk to them. Isolation and seclusion seemed to be two things she excelled at and surprisingly it helped maintain a sense of peacefulness and tranquillity around her. One that momentarily helped her forget the pain...

With the recollection of those memories, however, she realised something. It didn't hurt anymore. In fact, she just felt rather... empty and exhausted ⏤ though she supposed that could have easily been because of the lack of blood she'd consumed in the last week. Nonetheless, those two void feelings seemed to somewhat help her ⏤ temporarily anyway.

Grabbing her sketchbook from her nightstand, Olivia flickered through the thick pages, settling on the unfinished image she'd started the previous day where her lead pencil was still resting on the central crease. This was one was quite unlike the others; though she supposed that could be said for most images she was drawing recently. Most of them were significantly similar, not depicting a clear or distinguishable face just various shadows which all looked rather life-like and ominous.