2.02 | CONSUMING PAIN

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈
Consuming Pain
❝It's not the only reason.❞

          "𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 back

          "𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 back." Those two scarce words were the only ones that could escape his lips as he looked back at the girl in front of him who seemed so different yet so familiar at the same time. He was overflowing with different emotions; all of which fighting inside of him for control.

"I'm back," Olivia repeated with a small uncomfortable smile on her lips. "You look surprised. Did Elena not...?" Liv drifted off. She figured... hoped... the brunette would have already told him; softened the blow or at least made it considerably less awkward than it was right now.

"No... she didn't." He responded, wanting to turn around and throw a glare in Elena's direction, however, he found himself incapable of tearing his eyes from Olivia. A brief silence followed in which Damon simply stared at her and Liv, growing vaguely uncomfortable, looked down at the ground, hoping he'd say something already.

"Well, I'm glad you're here." He spoke up, the words flowing out of him before he could fully process what he was saying. "Back in Mystic Falls, I mean." He added quickly, mentally rolling his eyes at the slip-up.

What the hell am I doing? Damon questioned himself in frustration. Days ago he'd been on the way to moving on from her; he still was. He had Andie now and these re-surfacing feelings for Elena but seeing Liv's face again made those feelings completely disappear. In turn, everything he felt for the blonde flooded back in against his will. He was supposed to hate her... so why didn't he?

Olivia was experiencing a similar thought process to Damon, unsure how he could even look at her right now without glaring or how he could stand near her without losing his temper. After everything she'd put him through, his voice was calm; normal.

Maybe he moved on. That was the next thought that dawned on the tribrid and whilst overall that would be better, easier for them both, she couldn't help but hate the normalcy in his tone. She would rather Damon be angry and show any sign of emotion rather than just be... okay.

"You cut your hair." Damon then breathed out, admiring the considerably shorter style; admiring her. Damon sighed internally. Why do you have to be so beautiful?

"Um, yeah." She nodded, using it as an excuse to pull her gaze from Damon's piercing blue eyes and instead glimpse over the tips of her blonde hair.

"It's different." He nodded, unsure what else to say. "Good different..." he rushed to clarify so she wouldn't get the wrong idea. "Not that it wasn't good before but..." he cut himself off with an exhausted sigh. What the hell is wrong with me? He never got flustered or awkward or uncomfortable around anyone, so why was he now? "I uh... I like it." He finally managed to say with a smile, his anger involuntarily vanquishing with every passing second.