1.07 | AVOIDED SECRETS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈
Avoided Secrets
❝I just wanted an excuse to hit you.❞

          𝐀𝐍 eruption of distant voices from strings of various conversations loitered around the premises of Mystic Falls High School as Olivia shifted uncomfortably on the small bench she had isolated herself to

          𝐀𝐍 eruption of distant voices from strings of various conversations loitered around the premises of Mystic Falls High School as Olivia shifted uncomfortably on the small bench she had isolated herself to. Everyone was setting up for the Carnival tonight and so as expected, the green fields around the main building and parking lot nearby were littered with clusters of people all bringing in decorations or tables for the stalls.

Olivia gazed down quizzically at the page in her book at the sketch of Tyler she'd just scarcely finished. For some obscure reason, drawing people was a natural instinct of hers.

"Hey, Olivia." The blonde looked up to see Jeremy approaching her with a small smile, sitting down on the bench beside her.

"Hey, Jer," she greeted back similarly whilst the Gilbert's eyes drifted down to her page, his eyes widening slightly. "Woah, nice drawing." He stated as his eyes skimmed the page, seeing the amount of detail and realism the mere sketch held.

"Yeah, I've uh, had a lot of practice," she smiled back making him nod whilst Olivia's gaze narrowed quizzically at the boy. "You feeling okay?" She asked him sceptically as she placed her pencil down in the centre crease of her book, sensing something vehemently different in his aura ⏤ knowing how people were feeling and when they were lying was a speciality of hers.

"Yeah, fine." He murmured. "What makes you think I'm not?" Olivia, solely looked back at him with raised eyebrows, clearly seeing that something was bothering him making Jeremy sigh as he answered honestly. "Damon snapped my neck last night."

"Shouldn't you be... you know... dead ?" She returned with furrowed brows ⏤ he wasn't in transition, that much she was sure of and she couldn't seem to come up with any other explanation as to why he was still breathing.

"I should be, but thanks to this thing..." he held up his hand, showing the girl the bulky strangely carved ring on one of his fingers, "...I'm not." He finished.

"Resurrecting ring?" She asked, seeing the vaguely familiar shape and pattern.

"How did you know about it?" He asked

"I've been around a long time." She nodded causing him to smile moderately at the girl.

For several moments they simple talked quietly with one another before Olivia's eyes seemed to flicker towards Elena and Bonnie who were presumably consumed in a rather serious conversation by one of the larger stalls several students were setting up. She had been meaning to ask them about what was going on recently and she knew Elena was a bad liar and would most likely end up telling her. "Hey, I'll catch you later, okay." She said, closing her book before grabbing it and heading towards the two girls, briefly recalling a nod from Jeremy.