1.44 | BREAKING THE CURSE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕
Breaking The Curse
❝There's always a price.❞

          𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀 had eventually found her way to the Quarry ⏤ a large open field where the ritual was taking place

          𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀 had eventually found her way to the Quarry ⏤ a large open field where the ritual was taking place. Three rings of fire were already set ablaze in the near-distance, illuminating the darkness from the border of trees and foliage Olivia was able to remain hidden behind. The sight was extremely familiar to the blonde, almost exactly like the one in her recurring visions. Trying to get a better view, Olivia narrowed her eyes, only for them to sharply widen moments later when ⏤ after overlooking Jenna and Elena ⏤ her gaze rested on a familiar werewolf ⏤ Jules.

Huh, that was unexpected. Olivia thought to herself as she watched the wolf writhe in pain on the floor for reasons the tribrid could only presume lined to her transition.

"I've got the moonstone." An annoyingly familiar voice announced causing Liv to shift her gaze and notice Klaus pulling out a gleaming translucent gemstone from his pocket, briefly looking over at Greta who was standing beside him. "I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it." He finished in a strangely sentimental way that Olivia could almost relate to.

You and me both. She thought, thinking back to the weeks she spent hiding the small yet dangerous stone, keeping it in her possession until this morning when much like Klaus she was forced to part with it.

Klaus then handed the stone to Greta who looked up at the dark-grey murky skies. "The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?"

Klaus responded with a simple I remember before the ritual began commencing. Olivia watched silently as Greta dropped the moonstone into the stone bowl in front of her which immediately erupted with a burst of flickering sparks. She then began chanting a spell in Latin as Klaus neared Jules's ring. The flames diminished abruptly and Jules, trying to survive, attempted to attack Klaus but he easily overpowered her and promptly ripped out her heart.

Jenna and Elena both overlooked the scene with horrified expressions whilst Olivia simply rolled her eyes before regrettably blurting out a couple of words, forgetting that Klaus would be able to hear her. "About time she died." Olivia cursed herself inwardly with a sigh before figuring she was intending on talking to the hybrid eventually so she gingerly left her hiding place and approached him.

"Olivia," Klaus said with a vaguely sceptical yet amused tone as he forced a smile onto his lips. "Now's not the best time, love."

"On the contrary, love," she returned bitterly, mocking his use of the word love which always seemed to get under her skin. "Now's the perfect time."

"What do you want?" He asked, the momentarily smile he wore fading as his suspicions returned.

"To offer an exchange." She informed him simply, not missing the look Greta threw her as she did; almost like she was surprised by her actions.