1.35 | THE NEW DEAL

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕
The New Deal ⏤
❝I wouldn't call it using per se.❞

          "𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀, I don't know what went through your head when you thought this was a good idea but it's not," Stefan told the tribrid through the phone as he lightly paced the surrounding area of the parlour room of the Boarding House

          "𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀, I don't know what went through your head when you thought this was a good idea but it's not," Stefan told the tribrid through the phone as he lightly paced the surrounding area of the parlour room of the Boarding House. He waited several moments in agitation for her response, though her voice ever sounded through the phone. "Okay?" He asked, trying to press the girl for a response yet once again; silence.

Stefan pulled the phone from his ear for several moments, glancing at the screen to ensure she hadn't hung up on him ages ago and that he hasn't been talking to himself for the last five minutes.

Thankfully the blonde seemed to finally speak up. "Yeah, I understand that Stefan but they don't call it a last resort for nothing."

"Give me the phone." Damon then said abruptly heading from one side of the room to the other, practically grabbing the phone from Stefan's hand upon listening to the previous words they exchanged during their conversation. He was unable to accept her vague and dismissive replies any longer. "Liv, just tell us where you are." He attempted to restrain the anger from his words as he spoke.

"Put Stefan back on the phone," Olivia said simply.

"He's preoccupied at the moment." Damon lied, responding almost instantaneously.

"Fine, then I'll talk to Elena." Liv began to say. "I know she's there too." She continued, causing Elena to exchange a brief look with Stefan who sighed heavily.

"Why don't you want to talk to me?" He questioned in growing irritation.

"Because you're irrational, impulsive, reckless, unbearable..." she drifted off. "Do I need to go on? " She finished, causing the Salvatore to grind his teeth and hold back a resort as he balled his free hand into a fist. Stefan visibly seeing Damon tense significantly, sighed once more ⏤ this time inwardly ⏤  as he recalled the events of the early morning.

"Has anyone heard from Olivia today?" Elena asked as she walked through the front doorway and entered the Boarding House, glimpsing around the area to notice Damon by a small alcohol table in the parlour room.

"Maybe she's still mad after the incident yesterday." The Salvatore replied coolly, barely looking up at the girl despite inwardly feeling an array of frustration. He couldn't help but be slightly bitter after hearing Elena had slapped Olivia ⏤ especially considering she had nothing to do with Bonnie's supposable demise. If situations were different and if he didn't have friendship based feelings for Elena, he would have undoubtedly handled things in a different way.

The brunette sighed heavily at Damon's words; the entire reason she was asking about the blonde's whereabouts was because of her consistent guilt since last night's occurrence. She realised now that people reacted in different ways to death and not everyone had a pleasant history or a good childhood which would weigh in on those reactions.