1.08 | THE CARNIVAL

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈
The Carnival
❝I'm so serious. Grh.❞

          𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 of light flickered through the darkness, emitting faint white glows which illuminated the Carnival grounds

          𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 of light flickered through the darkness, emitting faint white glows which illuminated the Carnival grounds. Caroline and Olivia had parted ways upon arriving, the blonde newly turned vampire wandering the grounds in search of Matt leaving Liv to meander around aimlessly, still assuming something terrible was seconds away from happening.

She knew it was a bad idea ⏤ letting Caroline come here; a fair filled with oblivious and mostly innocent human beings. Though she also knew that the girl only wanted to see her boyfriend and if she did end up unintentionally hurting Matt, at least she would finally learn about the dangers of being a vampire.

Eventually, in her boredom initiated stroll, Olivia came across a small crowd of people, all cheering and surrounding a small table. Glancing in closely, she noticed Mason ⏤ Tyler's uncle ⏤ at the centre of the crowd, easily defeat another guy in an arm-wrestling contest, not having lost to a single competitor yet. After several minutes, the people surrounding him seemed to split off, leaving the wolf alone at the small table, prompting Olivia to approach.

"Got time for one more." She asked with a teasing smile, sitting down in the chair opposite him.

"Give it your best shot," Mason replied with a grin, placing his elbow on the table and holding his hand out in a ready position.

"Don't hold back, okay." She said with a smile, gripping onto his hand and waiting for him to make the initial move.

Mason chuckled at her words before applying a small amount of pressure on her hand; despite what she said, he decided to go easy on her. However, he was surprised to find that within the first couple seconds, Olivia had already managed to sway the winning favours in her side, inches away from pinning Mason's arm to the table and at that moment despite trying to retaliate with his won supernatural strength, it was already too late and his arm collided forcefully with the table.

"I told you not to hold back." She stated teasingly, making Mason unable to hold back a smile though his confusion.

"You're stronger than you look." He stated in amusement.

"So I've been told." She returned before leaving the confused wolf behind and proceeding to diverge into another area of the Carnival, Mason watching her with a small smile tugging on the corner of his lips as she left.

Olivia, in turn, began heading through the parking lot, growing mildly curious as to where Caroline was and beginning to search for her, starting with crossing to the other side of the school grounds. As she progressed into the relatively empty parking lot, she came across Tyler he jogged briefly to catch up to her.

"Olivia, I've been trying to call you all day," Tyler called out, the tribrid shifting her eyes to him as he matched her pace.

"You have?" She asked in response.