1.33 | THE DECADE DANCE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
The Decade Dance
❝I'd literally rather do anything else.❞

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 decade dance had started a moderate time ago now, currently being in full-swing with crowds of people cluttering the car park, the main hallways of the school and the gymnasium which was decorated accordingly to the theme of the s...

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 decade dance had started a moderate time ago now, currently being in full-swing with crowds of people cluttering the car park, the main hallways of the school and the gymnasium which was decorated accordingly to the theme of the sixties.

Olivia had reluctantly made her way to the high school, ultimately deciding that she may as well attend seeing as she had nothing better to do. Besides if Klaus really was going to be here tonight, she supposed in vaguest of possibilities there'd be a chance she could find out where Katherine was being held and evidently prevent a detrimental outcome regarding Katherine being compelled to reveal the truth about Olivia's tribrid identity.

Dismissing those thoughts, for now, Liv continued walking down the mostly isolated hallways towards the main area where the Dance was being held; the hum of music growing louder as she approached.

"Nice dress," Damon's voice called out from behind her causing Olivia to throw her head over her shoulder briefly and meet his amused eyes; rolling her own, Olivia turned and continued walking prompting Damon to match her pace. "You look..." he began playfully making the tribrid glare at him for the provoking comment she was suspecting him to make.

She was wearing a simple black dress that contrasted greatly from the others around her who went all out. However, whilst her dress was deprived of any pattern or intricate detailing, the shape and form of the dress were in typical sixties fashion ⏤ the straps were slightly wider than most and rested around the shoulder area, the fabric clenched slightly at the waist before being released and widening with length and the main fabric of the dress was positioned in a way in which it ended just below the knee.

"Yeah I know it's pretty basic but technically it's accurate, considering ⏤"

"I was going to say beautiful." He interrupted her simply, meaning every word as he admired her appearance.

Olivia was slightly confused at first, his words not at all sounding playful or sarcastic but actually sincere and meaningful and so she gave him a questioning look in response, not knowing Damon to be in any relation with any of the previous qualities. "Was that a compliment?" She asked, a slight smile tugging on her lips as she said so, stopping in her steps to turn to him for a moment, just as they had reached the doorway leading into the gym.

"Maybe." He returned, the playful look in his eyes returning despite his voice remaining sincere.

"Why have you been acting so strange recently?" Olivia asked with general curiosity.

"You're one to talk." He returned to which she shook her head lightly before continuing to head in through the doors, with Damon following her closely.

Olivia's eyes quickly glanced around the room as she viewed the tons of people crowding around and all the decorations and tables set up. Sighing slightly, she proceeded inside, approaching the others ⏤ mainly composed of Stefan, Elena, Jeremy and Bonnie ⏤ who were gathered in a small cluster, discussing the Klaus situation.