2.25 | CHECKMATE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐕
Checkmate 
❝Not cool, brother.❞

          𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 walking

          𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 walking. The persistent inner voice lingered throughout Olivia's mind on a loop, urging her to continue walking despite her confusion. Flashes of images of the black impenetrable coffin erupted before her eyes as she trudged forward ⏤ slipping in and out of consciousness and lost in a trance-like state. Keep walking.

Open it. Suddenly a voice different from her own played throughout her mind, echoing from the hollow depths of that certain black box which seemed to cloud her mind persistently. You need to open it. The voice repeated and Olivia found herself unable to do much else other than comply with those words; whether she wanted to open the coffin or not, her thoughts were lost in translation inside of her head as she felt a strange urge to edge forward; to keep walking.

Olivia's mind was abruptly pulled back to reality when she found herself painfully colliding with an invisible barrier. Glancing around in disorientation, she found herself in the familiar surrounding of the underground tunnels near the Lockwood Cellar ⏤ standing directly in front of the cave where they'd previously discovered the strange symbols; a cave she couldn't enter without an invitation.

Olivia exhaled a heavy breath, fearful of what she possibly could have done if that barrier didn't retain her from continuing forward and inevitably being led to the final coffin. What if she opened it against her will? What if whatever it was inside escaped? All she knew was that there was no way in hell she was letting that happen.

However, she knew that the others would try ⏤ Bonnie and her mother, Abby, specifically and she had no intentions on letting them succeed. And so, taking a deep breath she murmured an incantation ⏤ "Phasmatos veras nos ex malom. Terra mora vantis quo incandis per vasa quo errum signos." ⏤ an incantation that would prevent anyone from breaking the sealing spell on the coffin.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

Taping her fingers lightly as her eyes wandered over the exterior of the large and extravagant mansion, Olivia pondered her next options over whether or not to enter. Damon would undoubtedly disapprove; everyone would. However, she'd never been one to listen before and her curiously vastly overshadowed and consumed all other thoughts and feelings within her. She wanted to know what was in the final coffin.

Soon enough, Olivia's wavering outside the entrance of the manor alerted Klaus's attention and eventually, the door to the residence opened. "Olivia, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Klaus asked, a small smile gracing his lips for the first time in several hours now, seeing as Elijah was un-daggered by Damon Salvatore and, as expected, not particularly happy when he woke up.

"A week ago, I answered one of your burning questions, now I need you to answer one of mine," Olivia informed him blandly, getting straight to the point.