1.43 | THE RITUAL

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈
The Ritual
❝Whatever you're thinking, it's a bad idea.❞

           𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 harshly drove open the door to the Boarding House, moving with urgency as his emotions clouded his thoughts and judgement

           𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 harshly drove open the door to the Boarding House, moving with urgency as his emotions clouded his thoughts and judgement. Upon entering, he noticed his brother standing expressionlessly in the parlour room; still focused on Elena and the last words he said to her before she was taken for the commencing ritual.

Barely noticing his brother's sulky and brooding mood, he instantly began questioning him on Olivia's whereabouts. "Have you seen Liv?" He asked impatiently and rather insensitively in Stefan's eyes. Damon himself was more so focused on finding the girl and talking to her about their previous encounter. He hated how things resided between them both and refused to accept her dismissive words and inconsistent reasoning.

"Not here," Stefan answered flatly; not bothering to look his way as whilst he may have been over their dispute from earlier in the afternoon, his thoughts were completely consumed by Elena. All he could do was hold onto the desperate hope that she'd survive past all this.

"Elena?" Damon then queried.

"Kaus took her." He resorted with a dry and toneless voice prompting Damon to sigh to himself quietly. He felt guilty about what he did to Elena earlier and how he affected his brother as a result but truthfully, his mind was currently preoccupied with a selfish need to find Olivia instead.

"I need to find Liv." He expressed, heading back in the direction of the door.

"Good luck with that," Stefan murmured, prompting Damon to pause and turn back to his brother with another sigh.

"Don't tell me you're still mad about what happened with Elena." He said prompting Stefan to shake his head in irritation at how casually his words slipped out. "Oh, come on, Stefan," Damon began, rolling his eyes at how excessively mad he was.

"You took away her choice; her humanity." He stressed, raising his voice.

"No, I saved her." Damon denied.

"You didn't do it for her. You didn't even consider what she wanted."

"You're right," Damon began plainly. "I did it for you, Stefan." He continued, his words being both truthful and a fabrication simultaneously.

"No, you did it because of her," Stefan blurted out, feeling his anger grow. "But you only screwed things up more than you already have ⏤ with Olivia and Elena." Damon only scoffed at his brother's hostility. "I'm done with you, Damon." He then muttered, walking past him and directing himself towards the front door, intending to go through with the supposable plan they'd established by meeting Elijah, Bonnie and the others at the Witch Burial Ground.

Damon rolled his eyes at how melodramatic he was being. "Oh, please, you won't stay mad at me for long."

"You ruined Elena's life, Damon!" He turned and yelled back at his brother finding his patience slipping and temper flaring. "And earlier today, your reckless actions almost killed me!" He continued on, not giving Damon a chance to interrupt. "If Liv didn't ⏤" he then began but immediately cut himself off with a sigh, knowing what Damon's reaction would be if he finished that sentence, though knowing Damon, he wouldn't leave it alone until he told him either.