2.20 | HOMECOMING DISASTERS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗
Homecoming Disasters
❝You never had me to begin with.❞

          𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂 flooded through her ears, vibrating from the sparse amount of speakers which ejected the sound of a live rock band playing in the garden

          𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂 flooded through her ears, vibrating from the sparse amount of speakers which ejected the sound of a live rock band playing in the garden. The dimly lit yet spacious corridors of the Lockwood Residence were overcome by masses of people and the scent of alcohol was heavy in the air, wafting through the variety of rooms from the red plastic cups that were littered around like wildfire; in reality, this so-called Homecoming Dance was more of a causal rager than anything else ⏤ not that Olivia particularly minded.

The tribrid had soon arrived at the residence, Stefan trailing beside her as the two progressed into the front garden which was alive with music and lights. Olivia's eyes wandered around the area soon catching onto Caroline who began approaching her and unlike usual, the girl seemed to be rather frustrated beneath the smile she formed on her lips to hide it.

"Liv, you're here!" She exclaimed through her mild irritation which was mostly directed at the fact Tyler had somehow managed to throw a better party than her in the short time span of an hour. "And you brought Stefan as your date..." she trailed off in visible discomfort, turning to the Salvatore beside her who merely smiled.

Before either of them could say anything, however, the music of the live band began to fade to an abrupt stop before a loud, echoing voice sounded from the microphone. "Good evening everyone! I wanna thank you for being here with me to celebrate! It's been a long time coming!" Klaus said with a smug expression across his face as he addressed the cheering crowd of the party. Olivia momentarily caught his eyes and recognising her slight surprise of him being there, his smirk simply grew.

The tribrid, after feeling a variety of confusion as to why Klaus was here and not pre-occupied with Mikael or Damon who were both evidently trying to kill him tonight, found her gaze moving to Tyler, assuming he was behind the Original's presence. "This sire bond is really starting to be a pain in my ass." Olivia murmured silently before pulling her gaze from Tyler and beginning to wander away from Caroline and Stefan in hopes of locating herself something strong to drink.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

As the night progressed onwards and people filtered in and out of the crowded rooms, Klaus found himself lingering the area, observing silently at first and ensuring everything was going to plan and there wasn't anything he had missed. The hybrid wasn't completely ignorant, he clearly saw Damon as a potential candidate to pull something drastic, he was simply curious as to how he'd go about doing so. Eventually, he found himself engaged in a conversation with Tyler ⏤ one of the many sired hybrids.

"I want you to look around." Klaus continued on in his usual fashion. "There is Bonnie, Elena, Matt, your pretty little girlfriend Caroline and... Olivia." His gaze settled on the tribrid, and he smirked.