2.12 | STARTLING OCCURRENCES

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐈
Startling Occurences
❝A little danger and excitement never hurt anybody.❞

                𝐀𝐍 hour or two had passed and Olivia was aimlessly meandering down the side of the track on the large open field of the high school

          𝐀𝐍 hour or two had passed and Olivia was aimlessly meandering down the side of the track on the large open field of the high school. She hadn't particularly talked to anyone after the events of the morning besides Tyler ⏤ the only one who knew about her relationship with Damon and wasn't acting strangely around her. They only exchanged a few short words with one another which mostly concluded of Tyler querying whether she was okay and trying to justify Caroline's rash outburst and mend their fractured friendship.

Tilting her head up from the endless maroon running track she was trailing aimlessly, Olivia shifted her gaze over the vast grass patch beside her where Tyler was currently practising for the football team. He cast her a sheepish wave from across the field to which Liv forced a smile and returned the gesture, hoping he wouldn't overhear her exhausted sigh as she continued walking.

The blonde eventually found herself by the large metal stack of bleachers, taking a seat on the level nearest to the ground and pulling out her sketchbook from her bag, flickering through the thick beige toned pages that were each covered with different sketches. As she neared the recent pages, approaching the sparse vacant areas left in her book, she frowned slightly upon glancing at some of the sketches. She didn't recall when she had drawn them, however, she supposed she shouldn't be surprised at this point.

There were a few more of Klaus which she didn't recollect drawing and one of Rebekah which simply added to Liv's irritation. Though her confusion prominently lied with an image buried between the others; one of a face she certainly didn't recognise. He was a man ⏤ middle-aged with relatively short hair. That was all she could grasp as the sketch lacked any colour and didn't reveal any striking or prominently different features.

"Hey," a voice made her head jolt upwards, all the while slamming closed her sketchbook as an involuntary reflex. As she glanced upwards, her eyes were met with Jeremy who was moving to sit down on the empty metal bleacher row beside her. "I didn't mean to startle you," he continued, noticing her abrupt reaction. Liv simply sighed at his words, hating how easily she'd grow flustered or alarmed recently due to the uncontrollable ability that she'd developed ⏤ or more accurately appointed: curse.

"It's fine," she brushed off, "What's up?" Her voice was more quizzical than causal as she picked up on the apprehension flooding his features.

"I um..." he began, moving his gaze to the ground for a moment before looking back to her, hesitance evident in the sparse words he managed to utter. "I heard about you and Damon..."

Olivia sighed as she shoved her sketchbook back into her bag. "Let me guess you're going to tell me he's bad for me and I shouldn't get involved when he's so clearly in love with Elena."