1.39 | A HELL OF A SURPRISE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗
A Hell Of A Surprise
❝Lust and love are two very different things.❞

          "𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄!" The word repeated like a present and absent-minded ringing throughout Olivia's head

          "𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄!" The word repeated like a present and absent-minded ringing throughout Olivia's head. Time seemed to slow down for several moments as she glanced around Mystic Grill, standing by the entryway as her eyes moved to and from each unfamiliar face in the room. Well, that was until her eyes landed on one very familiar one: Caroline.

The perky blonde was standing right by her in front of tons of people she had never before this moment laid eyes on. The vampire wore a large smile on her face as she repeated that very word once more.

"Surprise!" She exclaimed, her voice this time isolated from the others and not joined by a chorus of people like the first time and in return, Liv could only give Caroline a look of pure frustration.

"I told you not to tell anyone." She said simply, referring to the obvious birthday celebration Caroline had put together in the Grill and seemingly told everyone about. Her eyes then darted back to the room behind the vampire that had now erupted with gleeful murmurs and talk amongst each other. Thankfully they no longer had their attention focused on the tribrid by the glass door to the Grill, changing their glances to their friends and fellow classmates.

"I didn't," Caroline reasoned as some form of defence so she wouldn't be mad at her.

"You told Stefan, Damon and Elena," Olivia stated with unamused eyes; this was the last thing she wanted to happen today.

"Okay, well apart from them." Caroline then began to say.

"Then what the hell is this? And who are all these people?" Liv responded, causing Caroline to also glance back at the others momentarily who continued to talk over the subtle music that was now playing.

"What? You never said I couldn't throw an awesome party." Caroline returned with a hopeful smile only making Olivia sigh, throwing her a heated glare before walking past her and retracting to the quietest appearing corner towards the back of the room.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

It had been a decent amount of time since Caroline's party had started and Liv, practically being forced to stay here by her, eventually found herself at the bar, sitting on one of the otherwise empty stools lined up against the counter. She had been seated here for a while, remaining mostly quiet as she did, though several minutes later, a man who she presumed to be the bartender ⏤ and an attractive one at that ⏤ approached her.

"What can I get you?" He asked, leaning over the bar moderately to ensure he'd catch her words over the steady music and conversations between all the people currently in the Mystic Grill.

"The strongest alcoholic drink you have," Liv sighed with a slight laugh, resulting in a smile tugging on the bartender's face.

"You got it." He nodded, about to prepare her a drink though pausing upon noticing the beautiful blonde's sceptical gaze residing on him.