1.13 | THE VAMPIRE AND THE WOLF

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈
The Vampire And The Wolf
❝Have I told you how amazing you are?❞

          "𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 Katherine doing in Mystic Falls?" Damon asked Mason bitterly, sweeping a piece of wolfsbane across his face

          "𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 Katherine doing in Mystic Falls?" Damon asked Mason bitterly, sweeping a piece of wolfsbane across his face. Mason groaned in pain as his skin burned and blistered ⏤ this was by far the worse of Damon's appointed torture methods.

"She's here with me." Mason spat back at Damon through gritted teeth. No matter what he said, Mason knew he'd ever make it out of here alive. No story or lie he could concoct would be enough for the Salvatore; not even the truth would satisfy him.

"But apparently that didn't stop you from going after Liv," Damon said bitterly as he plunged a wolfsbane dipped knife into Mason's leg causing him to cry out in pain as it burned through his flesh. Jeremy couldn't help but cringe as he directed his gaze elsewhere. He was unaware of the brutal torture segment of Damon's master plan.

"Leave her out of this," Mason growled back in retaliation; he wouldn't let Liv be pulled into this and end up in the same situation he was currently in.

"Don't tell me you actually have feelings for her?" Damon scoffed venomously as he narrowed his gaze at Mason Lockwood who returned with a similar expression.

"Do whatever you want to me but I swear if you touch her ⏤" Mason began only to be interrupted by Damon.

"You're not really in a position to be making any threats considering you won't make it out of here alive." He resorted before a brief silence erupted amongst the room ⏤ one that was swiftly interrupted by the sound of the door to the Boarding House opening and closing again.

"Damon, what the hell are you doing?" Olivia's voice sounded from behind him as she evaluated the scene and met Mason's warm brown eyes that expressed evident concern and fear. Not for himself... but for her.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Damon returned seemingly emotionless as he aggressively pulled the knife from Mason's leg and tossed it onto the neighbouring table. Olivia inhaled a sharp breath as Mason yelled out through gritted teeth because of the intensifying agony.

Olivia looked away, her gaze lingering over Jeremy as she did. "Seriously, Jer?" She said questionably; not expecting that he'd associate himself with Damon and this essential torture session he was conducting. The Gilbert only looked away from her, unable to meet her eyes prompting Liv to sigh as she took several paces towards Damon and Mason, reaffirming her gaze on them.

"Why don't you tell her, Mason." Damon began bitterly. "Go ahead and tell her how you're desperately in love with Katherine," he finished before glimpsing back at Olivia to observe her reaction; one he suspected to be of pain or betrayal upon discovering his lies, though to his aggravation, it never came. 

"Liv, get out of here!" Mason yelled from the chair, the chains rattling as he pulled against them aggressively.

Olivia, ignoring his warnings, approached them nonetheless. "This is stupid Damon, even for you." Before she could reach Mason, her path was abruptly blocked by the raven-haired vampire.