Part 18: Metaphor

Jimin shook his head but Yoongi still persisted whispering things like "You can trust me, I won't leave you Jiminie..." and "I just want to help even if it's only listening..." both of which made Jimin cry more.

Yoongi held him tighter but still gently as the other kept crying saying "I don't want to be alone again." Breaking Yoongi's heart even more.

"You won't be alone Jimin... Is it to do with your past?"

And like that Jimin froze, tears still streamed from his eyes but he didn't move for the most part leaving him completely frozen on the spot.

Yoongi sighed pulling the other boy closer to him and whispering "It's okay if it is, you don't have to tell me."

Jimin quietly whispered "Technically..." in response after a moment of silence.

Yoongi waited being able to sense Jimin wanted to say something as Holly sat by their feet.

"I-I don't always act like a little k-kid hyung... I-I do it most of the time though b-because it- i-it... it-"

"It makes you feel safe."

Jimin looked up at Yoongi with tears still trickling down his face surprised.

Yoongi raised one of his hands and wiped the tears from Jimin's cheek before saying "I know about littlespace Jimin, or what ever you'd like to call it. And it's okay but what I don't understand is what you mean about a dead person."

Yoongi spoke softly and understandingly but still expressed his confusion so Jimin felt like he deserved an explanation.

"Big me may as well be a dead man... all of my big space stuff is behind that door..."

"so it was a metaphor... why are you a dead man though Jiminie?"

"B-because it's easier to acknowledge e-everything when in big space and b-bad thoughts can't help but cross your mind and I don't know how, after everything, i'm supposed to be able to be a functioning member of society. It's so h-hard and it's easier to just not want to existence s-so I may as well be a dead m-man."

Yoongi's heart broke so he tried his best to comfort the boy whispering "I'll help you figure it out then Jimin, I'll help you however I can."

He pulled Jimin back into his chest and just hugged him for a while until Jimin eventually whispered "Thank you hyung."

"Anytime Jiminie, is this the first time I've spoken to you in big space?"

Jimin frowned slightly before replying "Yeah... I'm sorry, I know i'm weird-"

Yoongi interrupted him immediately saying "You're not weird, you're amazing. Don't put yourself down like that."

Jimin started to cry heavier again, saying "T-Thank you s-so much hyung y-you don't know how happy hearing that makes me."

Yongi decided to ask "Can I ask you something Jiminie?" getting a stuttered "Y-yes?" in response from Jimin.

Yoongi corrected himself then said "Actually it's more of a request. I want you to tell me when something is bothering you so I can help, okay? Even if it's a little thing."

Jimin nodded and hugged closer to Yoongi again, being accepted by the older boy who returned the gesture.

"I just want you to feel comfortable around me Jiminie, okay?"

Yoongi was starting to really care about Jimin and he wanted to do everything in his power to help.

"Thank you hyung."

"Huh? What for?"

Jimin tightened his grip on Yoongi's shirt before stuttering out "E-everything."

Yoongi let out a small sigh as he thought about how just the little thing of being there helped Jimin so much and he couldn't help but want to wrap the other boy in a blanket and protect him forever whether or not he was in big space or little.

"Anytime. And about you saying you may as well be a dead man. That's a load of bullshit, there are people that care about you and you don't know how many peoples lives you've changed. I don't care about how strong those thoughts get, and I know how strong they can get and how scary it is, but I promise you whatever those thoughts are telling you it's not worth it and something better will come. Being a dead man means you can't warm peoples heart with your presence or brighten someones day with your smile."

Jimin began to cry louder repeatedly whispering thank you as Yoongi hugged him swaying slightly as a comfort.

After a while Jimin eventually called out "Y-Yoongles?" Making Yoongi move back a bit so he could see the slightly smaller boy before saying "Yes Jiminie."

Jimin quietly whispered "I sowwy..." with a guilty look on his face.

Jimin just practically confirmed the slight hunch Yoongi had that he was in little space.

Yoongi immediately replied "It's okay buddy do you want to play with some toys or do you want to stay like this?"

Little or big people still needed comforting.

Jimin quietly requested "This pwease." Then proceeded to bury his face in Yoongi's chest.

Yoongi hummed in response and then they hugged for a while longer until both boys heard Jimin's grandmother return shouting "I brought food." Causing them both to separate and go downstairs.